Help please

Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Go to Disk Management. It should show up there. Right click on the unallocated portion and click Create Simple Volume. To get to Disk Management, go to Start and type in Disk Management. You should see an option for "creating and partitioning hard disk partitions."

I have a ssd and a 1TB HDD in my new computer but the 1TB HDD is not showing up in windows but its showing up in my BIOS? PLEASE HELP!

post-22496-0-70583000-1372149158_thumb.j

post-22496-0-87488900-1372149161_thumb.j

PC Specs  Case: Corsair 760T  CPU: i7 4790k @4.0GHz And Cooled By The H100i  Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 KINGPIN 4GB  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB  SSD128 Boot Drive  HDD: 1TB WD 7200RPM  PSU:  750w Corsair RM  OS: Windows 8.1 (64bit)

Go to Disk Management. It should show up there. Right click on the unallocated portion and click Create Simple Volume. To get to Disk Management, go to Start and type in Disk Management. You should see an option for "creating and partitioning hard disk partitions."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If Im right, it needs to formatted and given a partition. Go to disk manager and do that. To open disk manager -> start -> right click computer -> manage -> disk management. Hope this helps.

Edit: Grrrr... ^ you were first :(

i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz EK watercooled || SLI GTX680 EK watercooled || MSI Z77A-GD65 || 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP || Crusial M4 128GB SSD || 1TB WD Green || Silverstone TJ07 || Corsair AX750 || Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM || Beyerdynamic DT 990 250Ω || Asus Xonar Essence STX || Logitech Z906 || QPad Mk80 || SteelSeries Sensei || 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator

Its not showing up in my disk management all that comes up is my SSD

PC Specs  Case: Corsair 760T  CPU: i7 4790k @4.0GHz And Cooled By The H100i  Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 KINGPIN 4GB  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB  SSD128 Boot Drive  HDD: 1TB WD 7200RPM  PSU:  750w Corsair RM  OS: Windows 8.1 (64bit)

WOW okay i need to go to sleep i see it now... its been a long day

Okay.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You'd think after all these years Windows would make it easier to initialize a drive for first timers.

It's not even called Disk Management in the Start menu, what hope does anyone have of finding it without someone telling them?

"oh just type Disk Management into the start menu search, then select Create and Partition Drives. I know that's dumb, I know it doesn't say that anywhere, just don't forget it ever again."

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

The above solution should work but if it still doesn't show up open device manager from control panel and click "scan for hardware changes" i'll include a screenshot for you.

post-18248-0-54611300-1372152455_thumb.p

Case: ThermalTake Level 10 GT, Motherboard: Asrock X79 Extreme9, CPU: i7 3930K @ 4.4Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D14, RAM: 4x4GB 2133Mhz Corsair Dominator, GPU: Asus GTX 670 Direct CUII 2GB @ 1228Mhz max boost clock, PSU: ThermalTake Toughpower XT 875W, Drives: Western Digital RE4 1TB HDD (System), Corsair Accelerator 60GB Cache Drive (Smart Response Technology), Seagate Barracuda 1TB (Backup)