Tell me what you think

Fady12210

Hello everyone im about to start buying these components for my rig

-Z97 motherboard

-I5 4690K

-Gtx 980 

what is there really to say,

do you expect this to perform poorly or something...?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Wow... cool... Much information....Many fps

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

what is there really to say,

do you expect this to perform poorly or something...?

no im just saying. like if theres any other suggestions or something like that, there aint no reason to hate bro

Wow... cool... Much information....Many fps

right lol

so tell me would the highest end single card on the market go well with the best gaming oriented chip on the market? pshh nigga naaaaaaa

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

no im just saying. like if theres any other suggestions or something like that, there aint no reason to hate bro

what would this system be used for?

i dont hate people, so dont call me a hater.

Hello everyone im about to start buying these components for my rig

-Z97 motherboard

-I5 4690K

-Gtx 980 

i7 4790k

i7 4790k

why the 4790k? would the 4690k bottelneck or something?

no, its just awesome

Refering to your bottleneck-question. You'd have to tell us what you're going to do. In gaming, probably not. If you are doing video editing or streaming it might be worth the upgrade for you.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

no, its just awesome

Yeah and also a waste of his money if all he will do is gaming. Great recommendation, much use, wow.

PFFF no. Absolutely not. 4690K is the best chip on the market at the moment for gaming, BAR NONE, because it is a quad-core, it's Devil's Canyon which means it overclocks like a monster, and it doesn't bottleneck anything. Like, anything. It's Intel's flagship for gaming.

The only benefit to having an i7 is that you get hyperthreading. and that is IT. It's nice if you're doing some video editing on the side or some other CPU-intensive stuff like 3D rendering and video re-encoding, but other than that you get absolutely no benefit in anything else, let alone gaming. It's for people who want the best-of-the-best with some room too spare.

So to answer your initial question, you have a kick-ass gaming machine there which you'll be extremely happy with.

The requirement I have for you is an SSD. You owe it to yourself to have an SSD for this gaming rig. If you don't get one, something is seriously wrong with you and you need to see a doctor. Your build is too powerful not to take advantage of one.

Suggestions I have for you are

• a 240/280mm AIO liquid cooler or a big air aftermarket cooler like a Noctua DH14, because you're nuts if you don't overclock this sucker.

• Make sure that your PSU has 80+ Gold. Settle for nothing less, you cannot skimp out on your power supply for a high-end build like this. Gold-rated PSUs are getting a lot less expensive now and you don't need a huge amount of power. for example, 650W will power an overclocked CPU, 2 680s and 9 hard drives. PCPartpicker will automatically calculate the power draw of your system. Get a PSU that has as close to double the draw as your system spec as you can for maximum efficiency.

• Find a case that you like, and make sure that it has space for your cooler. I would recommend cases, but... no, I wouldn't. That's up to you, I'm afraid. Just make sure it suits your needs.

That's all, really.

Yeah and also a waste of his money if all he will do is gaming. Great recommendation, much use, wow.

well he did not mention anything about budgets at the time

well he did not mention anything about budgets at the time

No and he didn't ask for recomendations actually he had no specific question but by saying I am gonna buy these components and listing three I assume he asks for advice. Saying he needs to buy a CPU he is not gonna need is just a useless post in my opinion.

No and he didn't ask for recomendations actually he had no specific question but by saying I am gonna buy these components and listing three I assume he asks for advice. Saying he needs to buy a CPU he is not gonna need is just a useless post in my opinion.

He did not specify his use for this rig either, yes the i7 would be a useless upgrade if he is gaming as the the i5 will suffice. How ever, if he is a content producer the i7 is a good upgrade.

He did not specify his use for this rig either, yes the i7 would be a useless upgrade if he is gaming as the the i5 will suffice. How ever, if he is a content producer the i7 is a good upgrade.

Then instead of saying "i7-4790k" and "no it is just awesome" maybe explain to him that a I7 would be a sensible upgrade if he is going to do any content creation or other video editing software and when it was only for gaming that a I5 would suffice for his build.

Again all you said was a CPU and it is awesome. -snip-

Edited by Blade of Grass

Then instead of saying "i7-4790k" and "no it is just awesome" maybe explain to him that a I7 would be a sensible upgrade if he is going to do any content creation or other video editing software and when it was only for gaming that a I5 would suffice for his build.

Again all you said was a CPU and it is awesome. -snip-

To be honest, if he's doing editing, a 5820/930K would be better.

You've only listed a CPU, GPU, and mobo. Do you already have RAM, a case, and other parts? If not, you still need:

1. OS

2. RAM

3. Case + fans

4. Power supply

5. Storage

6. Disc drive (optional?)