[help]computer running slow and audio popping and getting distorted as well as very low frame rates

Beefmaster

hey,

i have recently built a computer and have 4790k and a gtx 980.

i have installed windows and have been using my heavily for the past 3 weeks or so, i noticed aftr the first day or so i noticed that sometimes my computer would be running slower get only 2 fps on ugine valley and the audio would be distorted i found disabling the driver restarting once or twice would fix the problem. the boot time is also alot slower like just getting to the post screen takes longer and the windows 7 anamtion were the balls of light has screen tearing in it.

but over the past couple of days it has been getting very bad and my normal technique of restarting doesn't work i checked the temperatures of the cpu and the cpu is getting very hot when i am just on the windows home screen. why is it getting so hot??

i live in a cold area where it is about 14c and doesn't get much hotter then that so i have no idea why the hellmy cpu is getting such high temps once it even got up to 96c.

i went into the bios and change the fans to full speed i cant hear any audible difference and i  manually turned up the cpu fan up to 1.5(i am using the stock cooler and thermal paste).

why is it suddenly getting so hot??? Is this the reason its lagging out so much that the audio is getting distorted or is the gpu not doing it fair share of work??

please help i have been trying to get it to work for the past 5 hours.

thanks in advance.

What are the temperatures? Its probably time for an aftermarket cooler.

What are the temperatures? Its probably time for an aftermarket cooler.

its wierd somtimes i start it and i get like 40-50 and sometimes i get like 60-90

i would atleast think that the intel stock cooler would at least keep it stable on the windows home screen

its wierd somtimes i start it and i get like 40-50 and sometimes i get like 60-90

i would atleast think that the intel stock cooler would at least keep it stable on the windows home screen

CPU generate more heat the higher their load. How are you measuring the temperatures? What cpu cooler is being used?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

CPU generate more heat the higher their load. How are you measuring the temperatures? What cpu cooler is being used?

the on start up is about 45% when i start oepnign up my applications it gets to about 100% for about 2 seconds then drops back down and till it settles around 3-13%

@Beefmaster is this using an old or new power supply?

Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel Core i5 3570k 4.2 GHz, EVGA GTX 780, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb ,

Samsung EVO 250&500Gb, Western Digital Black 2TB,  Corsair RM 750

Custom Water Loop

CPU Block Koolance 380iGPU Block EKWB Clean CSQPump Laing DDC w/ EKWB X-RES 100Radiatiors NexXxoS Monsta 240 & Swiftech 240x35Tubing PrimoChill Primoflex Advanced LRT Elegant White 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFittings White Monsoon Free Centre Compression Fittings 3/8" ID 5/8" ODFans6x Noctua NF-F12 w/Noctua LNA Adaptors

i will say do a reinstall of the GPU drivers and the audio drivers

use the Display Driver uninstall and boot to safe mode with networking and install the latest drivers

then boot as per normal

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.