Would you buy Xbox Exclusives on PC if they were ported to PC? (POLL)

PerfectTemplar

I was just curious, as Microsoft's Windows 10 event is soon and they have teased some stuff for "PC Gamers" it is possible that Xbox Games will come to PC. Such as Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Although they have teased this in the past you have to understand this is purely hypothetical and I by no means want to imply that there WILL be Xbox Games coming to PC as it is still very unlikely

I don't know if this has been polled here recently before but I was genuinely interested to know how many people would be willing to purchase something like a new Halo on PC provided the port was adequate.

Tell me if I missed anything, personally I would only consider buying the Halo games if the port was good but I was wondering what people's opinions were on this.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

*cough* Forza *cough*

Are you kidding me? I created the thread 15 seconds before you commented. That was fast rofl.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I'm surprised so many people would upgrade to Win 10 solely to play these games..

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

I'm surprised so many people would upgrade to Win 10 solely to play these games..

Don't forget, that a lot of people were already going to upgrade to Windows 10. I will eventually (once it's fixed a few months after release), I actually like Windows 8.1 *ducks for cover*. I didn't mention that in the poll but it applies regardless.

Honestly, this is kinda stupid.

If it's a good game, why would I not want play it?

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Honestly, this is kinda stupid.

If it's a good game, why would I not want play it?

Purpose of the poll is pretty much because I was wondering what people would put up with to play these games and if they would be interested in the first place. Some people as seen in the poll have zero interest in these games. So it's imo a fair question. Also it is interesting to see how many people WOULD buy these games and how many wouldn't if it was on Windows 10 only. Besides, polls are fun.

Don't forget, that a lot of people were already going to upgrade to Windows 10. I will eventually (once it's fixed a few months after release), I actually like Windows 8.1 *ducks for cover*. I didn't mention that in the poll but it applies regardless.

then you aren't a yes to that poll question, that was only if the sole reason was for xbox games

Proudly the only person who voted for Sunset Overdrive

Hate me for liking fun.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

then you aren't a yes to that poll question, that was only if the sole reason was for xbox games

Proudly the only person who voted for Sunset Overdrive

Hate me for liking fun.

That is true, however I was thinking that it's a pretty broad question anyway and it isn't easy to poll as people have very different stances on changing OS. It can't be put into great detail in a poll. But I put it in there as it would be something Microsoft would do as they did it with Windows Vista and Halo 2.

EDIT: To avoid confusion I removed the word 'purely' from that particular part of the poll. It may now have it's results affected so take that into consideration.

That is true, however I was thinking that it's a pretty broad question anyway and it isn't easy to poll as people have very different stances on changing OS. It can't be put into great detail in a poll. But I put it in there as it would be something Microsoft would do as they did it with Windows Vista and Halo 2.

well wasn't that a they didn't make a DX9 version of Halo 2

sure its intentional, but it wasn't like they didn't have a reason.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

well wasn't that a they didn't make a DX9 version of Halo 2

sure its intentional, but it wasn't like they didn't have a reason.

That's a good point, regardless I still think that Microsoft would do it for Windows 10. That is just my opinion so I don't expect anyone to agree with me. But still, it's not like they couldn't of made Halo 2 DX9 compatible. Especially since it was on Original Xbox

I want Xbox games on PC, but I wouldn't want to use extra services if I didn't need to. Steam should be more than enough.

I would only buy the games if they were actually good ports. I've been waiting for Halo 3 on PC for years now, but if it isn't up to par then I'm not wasting my money on it.

Personally I'd like MCC and ODST ported to PC as I don't fancy the Forza series(I played a lot of it, not really interested in racing games nowadays).

And I wouldn't upgrade to Windows 10 unless I actually want to. When Halo 2 was "Vista only" people were able to modify it to run it on XP, I'd suspect that if they made Halo MCC Windows 10 only people would find a way to make it work on Windows 7 and 8/8.1 just fine.

Also great poll, lots of options.

That's a good point, regardless I still think that Microsoft would do it for Windows 10. That is just my opinion so I don't expect anyone to agree with me. But still, it's not like they couldn't of made Halo 2 DX9 compatible. Especially since it was on Original Xbox

i think someone modded it to work on xp

in the end they could always say that these games were DX12 only

I really wanna play Rise of the Tomb Raider, but I can guarantee you it's not shipping 'holiday 2015' like Microsoft is promising. The devs themselves have said they're still early in development. So by the time it comes to PC, it'll probably be freaking 2017 already...

I really wanna play Rise of the Tomb Raider, but I can guarantee you it's not shipping 'holiday 2015' like Microsoft is promising. The devs themselves have said they're still early in development. So by the time it comes to PC, it'll probably be freaking 2017 already...

Sounds like it. I also want to play it, but the industry is treading carefully with game releases and they probably don't want to release it in a terrible state.

Sounds like it. I also want to play it, but the industry is treading carefully with game releases and they probably don't want to release it in a terrible state.

I'm fine with it, but the exclusivity is like a slap to the face because with 2013's TR they made a huge deal because they supported Windows XP and it could run on very low configs because they wanted all TR fans to play it, not just average 'gamers.' Now? Ha, no so much...

Me and my friends have actually been discussing the same thing before. It is kinda interesting why Microsoft still has not made some kind of integration between pc and xbox since they own windows and xbox. I mean just imagine all the possibilities like cross platform multiplayer, using the xbox to stream pc games on the living room (like nzxt doko) or vice-versa, co-exclusive games, single purchase of a game for both platforms, etc. I don't think that I am the one who thinks that if Microsoft does this the will easily dominate the gaming industry.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Even if it's quite a bad port, and I need some other program running, than I'd still play the game, well, that is if it's Halo: MCC, I so want them pixels for Halo 2. Fukin loved Halo 2. 

Also, I'm getting Windows 10 as soon as it gets released anyways. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Yep, the only game I miss since moving to PC is halo. Halo 5 would be perfect on PC.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Yep, the only game I miss since moving to PC is halo. Halo 5 would be perfect on PC.

Same. There just isnt a good Halo like game on PC...