Budget SSD recommendation-Germany?

nithin1992

Can you guys help me find a good or decent SSD which is budget friendly[50-90euros] depending on whether its 128-256GB. I tried finding it on amazon.de and everything is expensive compared to the US websites. Please let me know if its possible for me to get a good SSD in this budget,if so please share some links! Thank you very much in advance

Crucial MX100, M500, M550 

Samsung 850 Evo/Pro, 840Evo/Pro

Sandisk Ultra 2, Ultra Plus, Extreme 2 

HyperX

Adata SP600, SP900 

Corsair Force LS, Force LX 

Intel 530 

Any of the above will be a good choice, so pick whichever is cheaper. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Crucial MX100, M500, M550 

Samsung 850 Evo/Pro, 840Evo/Pro

Sandisk Ultra 2, Ultra Plus, Extreme 2 

HyperX

Adata SP600, SP900 

Corsair Force LS, Force LX 

Intel 530 

First off. thank you for the quick reply. I did find the list of "good" ssd's during my search at tomshardware,linustechtips and anandtech, but the issue is finding the best priced one here at Germany. I'm not a resident of Germany, but my sister is, and she is going to get it for me as she's returning from there for a short period. I tried searching and finding a good priced one but i couldn't find much at amazon.de, comparing to the prices I saw at newegg and amazon.com[us] and the language being german doesn't help at all. So if someone from Germany could let me know where i could get a good deal at this price point, that'd be greatly helpful.

I found both the MX100 and the MX550 for a price of 94Euros, 256gigs. Which would be a better option to go for?

I found both the MX100 and the MX550 for a price of 94Euros, 256gigs. Which would be a better option to go for?

You mean the m550 right?

I'd go for the M550 if they are the same price. The M550 is older but (on average) it's better in just about every other way.

You mean the m550 right?

I'd go for the M550 if they are the same price. The M550 is older but (on average) it's better in just about every other way.

actually, m550 is exactly the same speed wise as mx100 when going 512GB and up...

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

You mean the m550 right?

actually, m550 is exactly the same speed wise as mx100 when going 512GB and up...

Oh yes, I meant the M550 sorry. And i'm looking at a 256GB drive, here's the link to both the drives. Feel free to advise me after having a look at them as I might not have been clear previously

https://www.meinpaket.de/de/ssd-256gb-2-5-crucial-m550-sata-iii-rt/p567012371/?traffic_source=5SPAREN&showTellaFriend=false

https://www.meinpaket.de/de/256gb-crucial-mx100-ssd-sata/p597655338/?traffic_source=5SPAREN&showTellaFriend=false&showTellaFriend=false

Oh yes, I meant the M550 sorry. And i'm looking at a 256GB drive, here's the link to both the drives. Feel free to advise me after having a look at them as I might not have been clear previously

https://www.meinpaket.de/de/ssd-256gb-2-5-crucial-m550-sata-iii-rt/p567012371/?traffic_source=5SPAREN&showTellaFriend=false

https://www.meinpaket.de/de/256gb-crucial-mx100-ssd-sata/p597655338/?traffic_source=5SPAREN&showTellaFriend=false&showTellaFriend=false

If you can spare a few extra €€€, go for m550

Otherwise, mx100 is perfectly fine.

For budget SSDs, get whatever is cheapest per gig.  Honestly based on RMA rates that I've seen they're pretty uniform across the board.  We are a long ways away fro the old days of the OCZ failures. 

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

If you can spare a few extra €€€, go for m550

Otherwise, mx100 is perfectly fine.

Alright, thanks! They're both priced exactly the same so I wont have to spend any extras on the m550

For budget SSDs, get whatever is cheapest per gig.  Honestly based on RMA rates that I've seen they're pretty uniform across the board.  We are a long ways away fro the old days of the OCZ failures. 

Yeah, I do want to keep the expenditure to a minimum but i guess this is the best i can get for the price in Germany, couldn't really find any better from what i searched

The op is looking for something that's 256GB or less which is where the M550 is faster than the MX100. 

The op is looking for something that's 256GB or less which is where the M550 is faster than the MX100. 

MX100 just has sad-sack write speeds for a 128GB.

@nithin1992, does the OCZ Arc 100 fit the bill? Perhaps the Sandisk Ultra Plus? I own both and both are quite good for the money.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Yup, I can only go for the 256gb version, no higher. So I guess m550 is the winner in this case.

@nithin1992, does the OCZ Arc 100 fit the bill? Perhaps the Sandisk Ultra Plus? I own both and both are quite good for the money.

I'm not sure if the OCZ is a reliable one, is it? Have read some bad stuff about it. The ultra plus 240gb, mx100 256gb and m550 256gb are all priced the same. Among these which is the better option for me?

Yup, I can only go for the 256gb version, no higher. So I guess m550 is the winner in this case.

I'm not sure if the OCZ is a reliable one, is it? Have read some bad stuff about it. The ultra plus 240gb, mx100 256gb and m550 256gb are all priced the same. Among these which is the better option for me?

Older OCZ stuff was unreliable but Toshiba owns them now so I wouldn't be so worried. I have a Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB version and that one is chugging along great. But it looks like the M550 is the best option among those.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Older OCZ stuff was unreliable but Toshiba owns them now so I wouldn't be so worried. I have a Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB version and that one is chugging along great. But it looks like the M550 is the best option among those.

Alright, thanks! I guess I'll go for the M550 then. 

So do pretty much every other 128GB ssd on the market for that kind of money. But pretty much everyone else uses special tricks to fool naive users like you.

So do pretty much every other 128GB ssd on the market for that kind of money. But pretty much everyone else uses special tricks to fool naive users like you.

Special tricks? I am confuzzled.

Special tricks? I am confuzzled.

I think this explains it all

turbowritesm.png

Similar behaviour is on sandisk drives (ncache), the new mx200, every drive from vertex4 onwards. They use a portion of flash in SLC mode, which writes much faster.