To Buy or Not to Buy, That is the Question

Kazooey

So here I am. This has been eating away at my soul for some time.

Now, I've been eyeing up the nvidia shield tablet, and my parents promised to pick one up for me as a christmas present.

Moneys a little tight right now in the family, so I have to wait a little bit to get it.  No biggie, I understand, i dont mind waiting for too long.

So Im watching linus' coverage of CES, when I hear Tegra X1. WHAAAAAAAAA

I look into it, turns out its a mobile super chip.

after watching Nvidia's press conference, its pretty damn clear that its going to come to tablets. Seeing as though the Nvidia Shield Tablet was release in June/July of 2014, theres a good chance that a Shield Tablet 2 will come out in June/July of 2015, or even in February at a big mobile electronics convention.

So do I get it now, or wait and get the newest version that may or may not come at all?

Currently spending money on parts

Going extreme on your previous thread, i would just pirate from my 3d printer ;)

To bad I dont have a 3D printer... I wonder if the Torrent is on Kickass.com....

I would wait it out.

Thats what Im kind of thinking. If it goes on sale at bestbuy though, I might see if I could pick it up, just because I have a 50$ gift card there. Ill stay on the lookout for rumors of an upcoming tablet until then.

Thats what Im kind of thinking. If it goes on sale at bestbuy though, I might see if I could pick it up, just because I have a 50$ gift card there. Ill stay on the lookout for rumors of an upcoming tablet until then.

wait it out, worst comes to worst you waited a bit longer than needed for the first tablet, but since you did wait it'll probably be cheaper :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

wait it out, worst comes to worst you waited a bit longer than needed for the first tablet, but since you did wait it'll probably be cheaper :)

Thanks for the input!