CyanogenMod on Droid 4 - Worth the hassle?

Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Will I notice any performance loss?

Well it has the same CPU as the Galaxy Nexus, and with the GNex yes you do feel a performance loss going from ICS -> JB and JB -> KK

Motoblur ICS will probably feel the same as CM JB, but anything higher then 4.2 and you start to feel that it's quite slow and stuttery. 

So after breaking my third iPhone, I am stuck with a Motorola Droid 4 and it is slow as sh*t. And after finding out about roms and looking into it, I am came to ask-

Is it worth the time to install CyanogenMod on my Droid 4, and if so, will it giving more any performance gain (or loss).

(This by that way is the guide I will follow if I do install it) http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_maserati

Ran by coffee

So after breaking my third iPhone, I am stuck with a Motorola Droid 4 and it is slow as sh*t. And after finding out about roms and looking into it, I am came to ask-

Is it worth the time to install CyanogenMod on my Droid 4, and if so, will it giving more any performance gain (or loss).

(This by that way is the guide I will follow if I do install it) http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_maserati

Maserati isn't fast enough for you????

lol jk, on topic though, Motoblur is a pretty light skin on top of Android. If you're running stock ICS, unless you install CM9 or something, you won't really notice a performance benefit by installing CM that contains a newer version of Android.

"Rawr XD"

Maserati isn't fast enough for you????

lol jk, on topic though, Motoblur is a pretty light skin on top of Android. If you're running stock ICS, unless you install CM9 or something, you won't really notice a performance benefit by installing CM that contains a newer version of Android.

Ran by coffee

Well it has the same CPU as the Galaxy Nexus, and with the GNex yes you do feel a performance loss going from ICS -> JB and JB -> KK

Motoblur ICS will probably feel the same as CM JB, but anything higher then 4.2 and you start to feel that it's quite slow and stuttery. 

"Rawr XD"

Thank you! I had no clue about anyone this :)

Ran by coffee