Building new rig Need opinions.

Go to solution Solved by OCing Noob,

Bottleneck, funny term.  Sooner or later you will run a program that will either max out your CPU speed, or GPU processing speed.  Ideally you want them running neck and neck until they both reach 100% at the same time.  Don't worry about any bottlenecking in this build.  You are running some of the best hardware. 

:lol: 100% agreed

Windows 10 is expected to be released later this year, and if Microsoft does what Apple has been doing now for a few years it will make Windows 10 free for W8(and .1)users or at least make it a cheaper update/upgrade.

i second you this.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Anyways yeah if they are not overclocked then yeah the 5930K might preform marginally better but you can overclock the 5820K.

Also AIOs (Like a Silverstone Tundra TD02 or TD03 or Corsair H100i or H80i) shouldn't be that much harder to install but I like the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 because it's first and foremost quiet and it delivers pretty good cooling results. 

whats you opinion on this cooler. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608045&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Remove as you need to:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($373.95 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($194.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($229.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk X110 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($97.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1916.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-17 22:42 EST-0500

will the 5820k support 2 way sli because in the future i plan on doing that.

you can do 3 way SLI with 5820K mate. in my studio we are doing that in 10 NLEs . NLE means videos editing platform (non-linear editing)

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

if you can spend on this . This is the mother of all Air coolers till now. :D go for it with closed eyes. but keep in mind your are going to use high profile rams and a mid tower case so you have to consider your Clearance for other parts. when it comes to clearance there you go....AIO liquid coolers jump in to that room.

alright guys so do you all agree 5820k is a better deal. i just want to somewhat future proof/ have a fast cpu. if the only difference is having 4 way sli than i might go with the 5820k. Could someone explain though exacly whats different between the 5930k and 5820k because i'm a noob sorry.

While looks in a case w/o a window might not really matter it's kind of ugly but as I have stated before the be quiet! DRP3 is quiet and preforms rather well.

Noctua is okay but if you want the Dominators you might want to reconsider that Air cooler.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

While looks in a case w/o a window might not really matter it's kind of ugly but as I have stated before the be quiet! DRP3 is quiet and preforms rather well.

Noctua is okay but if you want the Dominators you might want to reconsider that Air cooler.

the case i thought would look cool being all white and having my motherboard have a white scheme.

if you can spend on this . This is the mother of all Air coolers till now. :D go for it with closed eyes. but keep in mind your are going to use high profile rams and a mid tower case so you have to consider your Clearance for other parts. when it comes to clearance there you go....AIO liquid coolers jump in to that room.

Alright i will try to get a liquid cooler than because i see what you mean about the clearance.

alright guys so do you all agree 5820k is a better deal. i just want to somewhat future proof/ have a fast cpu. if the only difference is having 4 way sli than i might go with the 5820k. Could someone explain though exacly whats different between the 5930k and 5820k because i'm a noob sorry.

Just the PCI lanes really.

the case i thought would look cool being all white and having my motherboard have a white scheme.

Alright i will try to get a liquid cooler than because i see what you mean about the clearance.

H90, H75, H80, H105, H100i (corsair) these are reliable. 99.9% no leak chance . consider it . i'm using H75s in my Studios.

windows 7 is more optimized for gaming? Lol

Yeah.

Just the PCI lanes really.

and whats the benifit of having 40 pci lanes rather than 28. what are pci lanes sorry for not knowing but yea i have an idea but not sure.

H90, H75, H80, H105, H100i (corsair) these are reliable. 99.9% no leak chance . consider it . i'm using H75s in my Studios.

0.01 chances of a leak... im scared lol.

I hope you're joking

no

and whats the benifit of having 40 pci lanes rather than 28. what are pci lanes sorry for not knowing but yea i have an idea but not sure.

MOAR GPUS!!!....running faster.

More data gets through from the cards.

0.01 chances of a leak... im scared lol.

hahahaahahahahah. don't be . you need lower temps and reliability. i'm not asking you to buy any other company coz i don't use them i use Corsair so i'm asking you to buy what i'm using for my self :D

its the other way around windows 8 gets more fps than windows 7 if anything

Yeah, yeah... it s not a big deal...move on.

its the other way around windows 8 gets more fps than windows 7 if anything

we both are right at our sides :)

basically it means you can have more gpus in sli/ crossfire I could go more technical with it but that's all you need to know

he is new i think in this regard where i don't know much about it too. its getting hard to understand for me too here.lol

I have to correct people I can't deal with people spouting incorrect information

i'm not incorrect in real world operation . windows 8.1 is still less optimized for gaming then windows 7 SP1

It won't leak.  I am 100% sure ;)

haha ok thanks

MOAR GPUS!!!....running faster.

More data gets through from the cards.

so lets say 2 980 gtx cards in sli won't get bottlenecked right? and if its only for gpus than yea might just go with 5820k than thanks for the help.

I'm new?

:wacko: