Building new rig Need opinions.

Go to solution Solved by OCing Noob,

Bottleneck, funny term.  Sooner or later you will run a program that will either max out your CPU speed, or GPU processing speed.  Ideally you want them running neck and neck until they both reach 100% at the same time.  Don't worry about any bottlenecking in this build.  You are running some of the best hardware. 

:lol: 100% agreed

he is new i think in this regard where i don't know much about it too. its getting hard to understand for me too here.lol

haha yeah i know a good amount but all the tecnical details about speed #'s get me confused.

haha ok thanks

so lets say 2 980 gtx cards in sli won't get bottlenecked right? and if its only for gpus than yea might just go with 5820k than thanks for the help.

No 2 980s will not get bottleneck 

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

haha yeah i know a good amount but all the tecnical details about speed #'s get me confused.

i don't even know good amount so i have to learn the easy way :D

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

haha ok thanks

so lets say 2 980 gtx cards in sli won't get bottlenecked right? and if its only for gpus than yea might just go with 5820k than thanks for the help.

Bottleneck, funny term.  Sooner or later you will run a program that will either max out your CPU speed, or GPU processing speed.  Ideally you want them running neck and neck until they both reach 100% at the same time (in games).  Don't worry about any bottlenecking in this build.  You are running some of the best hardware. 

no it is not you are incorrect windows 8.1 will have less background running processess than windows 7 look up benchmarks. Windows 7 also won't support directx 12

Ok i loss . OS is not the point of discussion here mate

Bottleneck, funny term.  Sooner or later you will run a program that will either max out your CPU speed, or GPU processing speed.  Ideally you want them running neck and neck until they both reach 100% at the same time.  Don't worry about any bottlenecking in this build.  You are running some of the best hardware. 

:lol: 100% agreed

@xxMrTimelessxx  Remember you are not going more than two GPU's.  Performance will start to drastically become diminishing beyond the two card setup.  If you really are going for more than two cards, bump up the budget by 800-1000 dollars.

thanks for the help everyone i will be going with the 5820k than also will get liquid cooling for cpu. wish i could mark more than one post as solved as you all chipped in and gave me some good info. ^_^

people have had leaks in corsair coolers the chance is well under 1 percent but its possible

Shhhhhh!

Good build, but do you really need X99?

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Here is what i got so far

Samsung ssd 850 evo 500g

1tb seagate hybrid harddrive

Ram: Corsair dominator platinum 16g ddr4 (4x4)

Motherboard Asus x99 deluxe

cpu: i7 5930k

Case: Fractal Design Define R5

Gpu: gtx 970

I will mainly be gaming at 1080p max settings and video editing/rendering. is this a good choice in componets this is my first build so i want to know you thoughts.

Get 5820k if Ur not getting sound card or pcie storage

Cos u wont need the pcie on 5930k

And u can sli 970

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

@xxMrTimelessxx  Remember you are not going more than two GPU's.  Performance will start to drastically become diminishing beyond the two card setup.  If you really are going for more than two cards, bump up the budget by 800-1000 dollars.

i plan on running 1 gtx 970 itx and then later on when i got more money add one more because you are right on the performance going down

Good build, but do you really need X99?

I like it because its a future proof motherboard with all the latest tech in it.

for a workstation build I wouldn't really go with a liquid cooler anyway I mean the noctua D15 outperforms the h100i in temps and noise

idk will have to look at clearance of my ram to see if it will be ok with the d15 because i also like it mainly because theres no liquid... haha

Shhhhhh!

hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I like it because its a future proof motherboard with all the latest tech in it.

X99 will be obsolete about the same time as the other current Haswells.  The extra two cores might set it on a bit longer of a run... for workstations that is, not gaming.

for a workstation build I wouldn't really go with a liquid cooler anyway I mean the noctua D15 outperforms the h100i in temps and noise

Clearance in a mid tower case bro! he have to put rams in ther too lol

Change the fans, and it looks cleaner.  Don't forget it expells hot air right out of the case.  Noctuas are so ugly, I mean... ugh.  Not necessary.

X99 will be obsolete about the same time as the other current Haswells.  The extra two cores might set it on a bit longer of a run... for workstations that is, not gaming.

I think 4-6 years atleast .

Get 5820k if Ur not getting sound card or pcie storage

Cos u wont need the pcie on 5930k

And u can sli 970

might get a sound card but that wont be for a while also i will be doing 2 gtx 970 in sli. so should i get a 5930k?

Change the fans, and it looks cleaner.  Don't forget it expells hot air right out of the case.  Noctuas are so ugly, I mean... ugh.  Not necessary.

to be honest i love liquid cooling coz after all air cooler spread heat inside the case where liquid coolers take all to the tubes .so one main source of heat inside the case depleted, that effects the other parts too. believe me or not . its true .

Another thing about liquid vs air.  Liquid coolers will remove heat from a CPU in a much faster fashion.  Example:  You have a CPU at 35 degrees Celcius.  You run that CPU at load and it hits 65 degrees.  Now you return the CPU to it's idle state.  The liquid cooler will bring that CPU's temperature back down to 35 degrees much faster than an air cooler, ANY air cooler.

to be honest i love liquid cooling coz after all air cooler spread heat inside the case where liquid coolers take all to the tubes .so one main source of heat inside the case depleted, that effects the other parts too. believe me or not . its true .

Yes.

I think 4-6 years atleast .

It all depends on how fast breakthroughs are made.  One discovery in the manufacturing process, and Haswells are obsolete(not really obsolete, but greatly inferior) within a year. You can't really plan for this stuff.  You get the best that is available today.