Which One Should I Go For?

Grem0

Hey all,

I am hoping to save up for a new water cooler for my CPU. It's my first time doing this and I am wondering what would be the best one to go for for the money 

Current Specs:

I7 4770k @3.5GHz

16GB RAM 

Nvidia GTX 760 Superclocked 4GB Edition 

Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit   

Aerocool Strike-X Advenced Mid Tower Gaming Case- White   http://www.amazon.co...s=x strike case  (Will a dual fan watercooler fit in this case?)

All help is appriciated 

Thanks all 

Probably a CM seidon 240m

-edit-

from the third review on amazon:

*this cannot incorporate a water cooler in it even a h60.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Auto font and the Corsair H100i in the front or the Corsair H80i in the back. But with a case like that I'd stay on air

Steve

I really like my H100i, but I've heard great things about the Kraken lineup of coolers.

From their website, the biggest thing you cud fit is a 12x2 rad in the front :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Personally I am using the Kraken x61. It performs very well and quietly, the NZXT CAM software serves as a monitoring tool and lets you setup custom fan curves specifically for the cooler, which I found very helpful. Installation is easy as pie as well.

I would definitely recommend this bad boy and any smaller ones if you're set for space.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Personally I am using the Kraken x61. It performs very well and quietly, the NZXT CAM software serves as a monitoring tool and lets you setup custom fan curves specifically for the cooler, which I found very helpful. Installation is easy as pie as well.

I would definitely recommend this bad boy and any smaller ones if you're set for space.

Hey I saw this one too on amazon. I have about 28-29 cm on the top of my case. Is that enough or do i need say a few cm on each side ?

Cooling options in this case:

- Side Cooling: 1x 120mm (20.9 dB(A) 1200RPM Red LED)
- Rear Cooling: 1x 120mm (20.9 dB (A), 1.200 RPM Red LED)
- Top Cooling: 1x 140mm (25 dB(A), 1200RPM Red LED)
- Front Cooling: 2 x 120 mm (optional)
- Bottom Cooling: 1x 120mm (optional)

So there is room for water cooling, but it will be many small once, instead of 1 big one.

Hey I saw this one too on amazon. I have about 28-29 cm on the top of my case. Is that enough or do i need say a few cm on each side ?

You CAN fit a 240mm radiator in there I THINK, I can't speak on how much clearance you have with the fans on.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

You CAN fit a 240mm radiator in there, I can't speak on how much clearance you have with the fans on.

Thanks, will the fan clearance depend on how far up my motherboard is ?