GPU dilemma, sli, upgrade or single new card?

BenneMus

So I currently have a system with a gtx 780 in it, I have some offers to buy my system though and I am very much considering it.

But I am not sure wether to keep my current system and just add another 780, or get a new system.

Current system:

GTX 780 3GB

16GB DDR3

Potential system:
i7-5820k

16GB DDR4, with room to ugrade in the future.

Now for the big thing though, 980 og two 970's in SLI. Or maybe see if I can afford an Titan, but I am not sure if that last one is worth the cost. 

Thanks

BenneMus

If you're just gaming don't bother upgrading to X99. 

How much would a second 780 cost you compared to a 980 compared to 970 SLI? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

you're considering sli so i'm going to assume gaming is a focus point, therefore it won't be much of a difference going to x99 and if you do, there's no reason why you should consider a titan over a 980 unless you have too much money and nowhere to spend it

I say get another 780 or sell your current 780 and replace with a 980

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

I have a similar setup and have thought about my upgrade path. For me it's going to be another 780 as I have no need to go x99 (not rendering/content creation) and i dont think you can beat the performance increase for ~$300USD.

I say get another 780 or sell your current 780 and replace with a 980

^^^^^^^^That is the best advice I have seen so far in this thread

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

I see your points. Getting a 780 would most def be cheaper for me, but being me I really want a new system as well :D because new is nice. 

I will see if the guy that offered to buy my system is still interessted and judge from there.