store.phantom.glass

othertomperson

Do you remember the old days when you could tell what was a URL or not by looking at it? I hadn't given any thought to the top-level domain re-jigging that happened but... eh I really don't like this haha

Do you remember the old days when you could tell what was a URL or not by looking at it? I hadn't given any thought to the top-level domain re-jigging that happened but... eh I really don't like this haha

Woah that's odd. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I miss that feeling when everything made sense.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

I miss that feeling when Phantom Glass makes stuff FOR GALAXY NOTE 3s!

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

you say you can't tell your friend on the phone to go to "store.com/index.php?item=1fr45q?sec=1f562z?1231?hb?z?runningoutofphpshit/buy"

seams simple enough, just say it out really slowly

you say you can't tell your friend on the phone to go to "store.com/index.php?item=1fr45q?sec=1f562z?1231?hb?z?runningoutofphpshit/buy"

seams simple enough, just say it out really slowly

store.phantomglass.com? Anything that gives the indication to someone who knows nothing about this that it is in fact a URL at just a glance. I even miss the http:// tbh. I've found myself going back to typing that since otherwise Chrome just fucking googles it instead of navigating to the subdomain.

store.phantomglass.com? Anything that gives the indication to someone who knows nothing about this that it is in fact a URL at just a glance. I even miss the http:// tbh. I've found myself going back to typing that since otherwise Chrome just fucking googles it instead of navigating to the subdomain.

"store.phantom.glass" is efficient and elegant for tech people (probably the demographic that they're selling to anyway)

for tech noobs/grandmas obviously that wont be the best url since they'll just google google.com anyway, so phantomglass.com would be better, the store sub domain is useless imo.

how did the .glass TLD get licensed in the first place? .com .net for commercial, .org .edu for research, .gov for us gov shit; everything else is either trying to be cleaver with country TLD's, like youtu.be

"store.phantom.glass" is efficient and elegant for tech people (probably the demographic that they're selling to anyway)

for tech noobs/grandmas obviously that wont be the best url since they'll just google google.com anyway, so phantomglass.com would be better, the store sub domain is useless imo.

how did the .glass TLD get licensed in the first place? .com .net for commercial, .org .edu for research, .gov for us gov shit; everything else is either trying to be cleaver with country TLD's, like youtu.be

It's not even about noobs tbh. You have to know it's a URL prior to your encounter with it to recognise it as such. You can be the most arrogant self-appointed "tech genius" around, and not notice a URL that doesn't appear to adhere to any kind of convention. It's just bad design.