Laptop my only device that doesn't connect to wifi?

Cy-Fy

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for at least a month now.

My laptop worked perfectly fine in my bedroom until one day where it decide to disconnect from wifi and never connect again.

I thought the wifi card broke but if put the laptop in my mom's bedroom it works perfectly.

So I thought well, the range of the router must have decreased somehow, but my phone, mom's laptop and wireless printer all work perfectly in my bedroom, even right beside my laptop.

So then I tried changing router channels and that also did nothing.

Last thing I did was I uninstalled the wifi card using device manager and then scanned for changes which installed it again. But still no luck.

Does anyone know what I could do? It's clearly not the wireless card as it connects well in certain parts of the house... :/

Thanks

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

find the make and model of your wifi card and search for the latest driver online. Removing and scanning for changes only reinstalls the drive currently in its drivestore (your previous one).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

@AlwaysFSX more possessed laptops.

find the make and model of your wifi card and search for the latest driver online. Removing and scanning for changes only reinstalls the drive currently in its drivestore (your previous one).

But it works in other rooms ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Exactly!

but it still works in other rooms, would this fix it?

but it still works in other rooms, would this fix it?

I have seen stranger things... its worth a shot anyway :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

haha I guess I can only try and see what happens

Well, I tried and it still doesn't connect. Any ideas?

reinstall the OS? If nothing else works, then maybe this will? It's fixed many poblems. OR maybe you could just turn the laptop off and back on.

reinstall the OS? If nothing else works, then maybe this will? It's fixed many poblems. OR maybe you could just turn the laptop off and back on.

Don't think it will help.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650