Do you use Private Browsing on computers that aren't yours?

WinNut

Title says it all. Vote away.

Personally I do because I'm not comfortable with leaving traces of my computing history behind on random computers in the school, and if I forget to log out of an account (which I see all the damn time) it won't remember the login.

Depends on the place and what i plan on browsing  

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Sometimes. I tend to run CCleaner on all of the machines I use anyway. My info goes away (unless you're a 1337 hacker), and their PC gets cleaned a little as well.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Depends on the place and what i plan on browsing  

tumblr_static_tumblr_ml0alrkghh1qmzky5o1

Because he had a hard drive.

idk, what am I doing that someone else isn't? My life is just as mundane as everyone else's so I don't see what I'm hiding. However, I won't visit the same sites, like I wouldn't visit LTT because it's a bit nerdy and because I don't know my password.

Compatible with Windows 95

well the only computers i use that are not mine are the school one which i only use my email and that i have 2 steo verifacation and before will clear all those that i dont use on a daily basis

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

idk, what am I doing that someone else isn't? My life is just as mundane as everyone else's so I don't see what I'm hiding. However, I won't visit the same sites, like I wouldn't visit LTT because it's a bit nerdy and because I don't know my password.

ayy lmao. If I'm on a school computer for any reason I always have an LTT tab open.

tumblr_static_tumblr_ml0alrkghh1qmzky5o1

Well... Some friends and i used to put weird horrific shit like, one guy one jar, 2 girls one cup etc.. on all the computers in the school, being the dumb kids we were we thought the admin wouldn't be able to see it was our accounts that were logged in if we used private browsing....

We did it to our teachers a lot aswell, they didn't like it. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

ayy lmao. If I'm on a school computer for any reason I always have an LTT tab open.

Yeah, I changed my password specifically so that then I don't go on it at school. I'm re-sitting last year because I spent my frees wasting away on LTT when I should've been doing work :D

Although look at me now, meant to be revising History but instead on LTT... The story of my lyf.

Compatible with Windows 95

Well... Some friends and i used to put weird horrific shit like, one guy one jar, 2 girls one cup etc.. on all the computers in the school, being the dumb kids we were we thought the admin wouldn't be able to see it was our accounts that were logged in if we used private browsing....

We did it to our teachers a lot aswell, they didn't like it. 

What do you mean? Like changed the backgrounds or do google searches of the stuff?

Are computer teacher wanted us to log out 1 or 2 minutes early so that we can log in to the kindergartners accounts which were just Seat and then the number on the monitor in front of you with no password it was a pub account that all grades Prek to 2nd grade or so I think used because they can't remember passwords, anyways someone in my class decided to change most of there backgrounds to things like the exorcist or stuff that would scare the shit out of a little kid, since these were public accounts and this was done from a computer upstairs running multipoint in a classroom there was no record of who was using the computer because we don't have security cams in classrooms only in the halls or computer lab. So to this day we can no longer change are background  because of 1 guy who won't fess up. I've been trying to bypass it for weeks but the best I can do is get to the setting in regedit but I can't change it since I'd need admin privileges.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

no, but i clear my browsing everytime anyways

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

No, I don't do anything important unless it's my own computer. I never log into my accounts for anything on computers I don't own.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Yes, not because of tracking and history concerns though. It's a good way for multiple friends to access their social media accounts etc. on one PC without having to sign each other out first.

The added extra's like not returning home to find a colorful FB post I curiously don't remember writing myself, on my wall proclaiming to the world that "I love big black c*cks" because I forgot to sign out is nice too (asshole friends :) ).

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

What do you mean? Like changed the backgrounds or do google searches of the stuff?

Are computer teacher wanted us to log out 1 or 2 minutes early so that we can log in to the kindergartners accounts which were just Seat and then the number on the monitor in front of you with no password it was a pub account that all grades Prek to 2nd grade or so I think used because they can't remember passwords, anyways someone in my class decided to change most of there backgrounds to things like the exorcist or stuff that would scare the shit out of a little kid, since these were public accounts and this was done from a computer upstairs running multipoint in a classroom there was no record of who was using the computer because we don't have security cams in classrooms only in the halls or computer lab. So to this day we can no longer change are background  because of 1 guy who won't fess up. I've been trying to bypass it for weeks but the best I can do is get to the setting in regedit but I can't change it since I'd need admin privileges.

We'd just leave it running on one of those websites where it'd loop until you Ctrl alt delete to close it.