Headphone audio and mic

I recently bought a pair of Razer Kraken Pro's off of amazon for some movie watching and gaming. First off I noticed that the mic input won't work with my computer. The Krakens come with a splitter and a combined jack, my computer doesn't have a separate input and output jack just a combined jack. So I plugged it in and no one could hear me. I went on a skype echo/test call and heard that no mic input was going through. I plugged in other headphones and they still didn't work. Is my jack broken or can it just not take mic input? If its broken are there any tips on how to go about it? Also on a side not the krakens leak A LOT of noise. Is that just a flaw with the headphones or is something messed up? Because I still have time to get a RMA if they are. 

check under your volume control panel and see if the mic option has been turned on

when you plugged your headphone, does you computer inidcate the audio jack has a device plugged in?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

You will want to plug your cable into one of your rear audio jacks. If you are using the integrated soundcard then open the Realtek audio software and it will display a colour coded display o the audio jacks and what they do, find the appropriate one and use it. BTW the Krakens just leak noise.

Okay, thanks. Though it's a laptop so I have a built in mic that works just fine.