Razer Tiamat 7.1 or 2.2

Loxorz

I have a gigabyte z77 UD3H and I don't really know if the onboard sound is good in my mobo so i was just wondering if i should get the 7.1 or 2.2 for my setup :)

What games do you play?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

For the amount of money you will be spending on a "gaming" headset, you can buy a real pair of headphones and mic to achieve higher quality sound. I'd recommend looking at Sennheiser or Audio-Technica and picking up a ModMic.

I myself use a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X along with a Modmic and after using and tried many gaming marketed accessories (Logitech, Razer, Turtle Beach, etc) and traditional headphones and stand-alone mic and won't fall prey to the "gamer" marketing I did years ago.  

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

What games do you play?

I play bf3, metro last light .. Etc :)

What games do you play?

I play bf3, metro last light .. Etc :)

For the amount of money you will be spending on a "gaming" headset, you can buy a real pair of headphones and mic to achieve higher quality sound. I'd recommend looking at Sennheiser or Audio-Technica and picking up a ModMic.

I myself use a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X along with a Modmic and after using and tried many gaming marketed accessories (Logitech, Razer, Turtle Beach, etc) and traditional headphones and stand-alone mic and won't fall prey to the "gamer" marketing I did years ago.

I just want buy a headset at my local store, i don't wann order anything online. And it's hard to find a good mod mic around here

And i also wanna point out that i like to listen to music with alot of bass :)

And i also wanna point out that i like to listen to music with alot of bass :)

so you listen to music, you want to be able to turn the base up, and you want surround... sounds like a job for a xonar DGX and Steelseries 7H. Virtual surround on xonar cards is awesome, trust, I use it to sound whore in cs, I can tell you exactly where they are. And with EQ you can push the base up as much as you want on your phone or pc. The 7H itself is pretty good in terms of audio quality so that's why you can use it for music as well as games. It's used by pro cs players, It's gotta be pretty good ;)

Don't buy the tiamat, I know deep down it looks fucking baller but you should let that go, because it's balls.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Don't buy the tiamat, I know deep down it looks fucking baller but you should let that go, because it's balls.

But ballers got balls!  B)

I have Logitech G930s i got from best buy and i love them..They also have the wired G35s..Great 7.1 surround on BF3 as thats the only real game i play..Plus the are usb so no worry about not having a good sound card.. 

Do not buy a Razer or Logitech headset. Read the FAQ.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

You're probably not going to find good headphones/headsets at a store unless it's some kind of special audio store.  Like people said if you want something that actually sounds goof you're going to need to look at some nice headphones.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo