gtx 690

Redwolfxd1

ebay?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

it has to be new and i dont trust ebay

I don't know then, why do you want one?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

I don't know then, why do you want one?

my case is the bitfenix prodigy so i can only have one gpu and at the moment i got the titan and i am building a pc for my bro and im giving him the titan and i want a dual gpu card

Try to get a R9 295X2 if you want a dual card. Though, a single 980 gets my vote.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The GTX690 as such is not produced any more, because it runs on an obsolete GK104 chip (or better said two chips). All you can do is search the web for a used one or something left in stock that was never sold, but chances are slim for that.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

my case is the bitfenix prodigy so i can only have one gpu and at the moment i got the titan and i am building a pc for my bro and im giving him the titan and i want a dual gpu card

Well in that case, you might have to either get a 295X2 or a titan Z if you can find one for a decent price

Well in that case, you might have to either get a 295X2 or a titan Z if you can find one for a decent price

well i wont get the 295X2 beacuose im a nvidia fanboy and the titan Z is too wide :(

well i wont get the 295X2 beacuose im a nvidia fanboy and the titan Z is too wide :(

WAKE UP!!! AMD ISN'T SO BAD :P

Good point on the Titan Z though, but did'nt EVGA have a 2-slot ACX card that they were showing off at one of the shows (I can't remember, maybe it was PAX?)

Reference 980 ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Why buy a GTX690 when you can get a GTX980 that has a single card almost the performance of that card that has 2 chips on one PCB, runs loud and hot... The GTX980 is fast cool and quiet with a good aftermarket cooler. The Asus GTX980 STRIX even shuts down its fans in idle or browsing and only get hearable a bit in games.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

WAKE UP!!! AMD ISN'T SO BAD :P

Good point on the Titan Z though, but did'nt EVGA have a 2-slot ACX card that they were showing off at one of the shows (I can't remember, maybe it was PAX?)

the ironic part is that i also have a amd system

the ironic part is that i also have a amd system

Well but a R9 295x2 is indeed a very powerful and nice choice as a GPU. If you are really stuck on nVidia think about the GTX980, you´ll be suprised how much power this card has and how cool it runs.

if this guy is asking for 690, then why r u suggesting 980?? 980 is better, agreed, but still its a lot more useless when it comes to gpu rendering (cudas)

Off they go, nice and slow
When the band starts playing
Stumbling all around, stumbling all around
Stumbling all around so funny
Stumbling here and there, stumbling everywhere 

if this guy is asking for 690, then why r u suggesting 980?? 980 is better, agreed, but still its a lot more useless when it comes to gpu rendering (cudas)

Because he´s looking for a new one. It´s pretty hard these days to find a new GTX690.

And if it´s for cuda I´d rather buy a Titan Black.

Why buy a 2GB card????

We are already exceeding 2GB at 1080P...

690 is a useless card imo.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Well but a R9 295x2 is indeed a very powerful and nice choice as a GPU. If you are really stuck on nVidia think about the GTX980, you´ll be suprised how much power this card has and how cool it runs.

i had a 980 before the titan and i didnt like it

Why buy a 2GB card????

We are already exceeding 2GB at 1080P...

690 is a useless card imo.

the 690 is an 4gb card

i had a 980 before the titan and i didnt like it

Hm, well that really narrows down your choices here. Can I ask you what bothered you about the GTX980?

Whatever your final decision is, I´d make sure to have at least 4GB VRAM. Cards with 2 aren´t a really good choice in terms of ULTRA details in games even in 1080p. The best case would really be the R9 295x2 or waiting on the next highend GPU gens from AMD and nVidia.

Hm, well that really narrows down your choices here. Can I ask you what bothered you about the GTX980?

Whatever your final decision is, I´d make sure to have at least 4GB VRAM. Cards with 2 aren´t a really good choice in terms of ULTRA details in games even in 1080p. The best case would really be the R9 295x2 or waiting on the next highend GPU gens from AMD and nVidia.

i know this sounds silly: i didnt like the performance

i know this sounds silly: i didnt like the performance

No not at all. I came from a GTX780Ti SLI and it was in the first place only a side grade. Gaming performance wasn´t soo much better after a first glance.

But in the aftermath that´s not true. You can OC the GTX980 with air high and stable and these cards are so much better from 1440p on for gaming. My GTX780Ti struggled in 4K to death with the 3GB VRAM. The GTX980s are perfectly fine that bigger L2 cache and 4GB VRAM they do an amazing job :) .

It´s always a matter of personal choice, but it´s a matter of fact that a GTX980 won´t stretch its legs in 1080p and therefore it seems like the performance isn´t that great. The higher I go in resolution and details the better gets this GPU. I´m super excited about the GM200 and AMD´s R9 390X.

the 690 is an 4gb card

Yes, the 690 has 4gb total, but because each GPU only has 2gb allocated to it, it only has an effective available memory of 2gb, which is not nearly enough for modern high-end games.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates