What is wrong with this SQL query?

Jeroen1322

Hi guys! :)

I'm doing exercises in my PHP and SQL book and need to make a Pet Catalog so i created a DB called petCatalog and the book provides me with the following SQL query: 

CREATE TABLE Pet (    petID	INT(5)	SERIAL,    petName	VARCHAR(25)	NOT NULL,    petType VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,    PetDescription	VARCHAR(225),    price	DECIMAL(9,2),    pix		CHAR(15)	NOT NULL DEFAULT "na.gif",PRIMARY KEY(petID) );

but the book says that if i use PHPMyAdmin instead of SERIAL i need to define BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, and so my code is

CREATE TABLE Pet (    petID	INT(5)	BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,    petName	VARCHAR(25)	NOT NULL,    petType VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,    PetDescription	VARCHAR(225),    price	DECIMAL(9,2),    pix		CHAR(15)	NOT NULL DEFAULT "na.gif",PRIMARY KEY(petID) );

But PHPMyAdmin gives me the following error: "#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'BIGINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

petName    VARCHAR(25)    NOT NULL,
    petType ' at line 2"

What is wrong with my SQL Query? 

Thanks!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

petID can be INT(5) or BIGINT not both. If you want a BIGINT get rid of INT(5)