which SSD & HDD !

mony2011

Hello guys i wanted entry level SSD For booting The system

and the ones i can afford in my region are :

1. Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB Solid-State Drive 

2. Corsair Force Series LS 60GB SATA III Solid State Drive (my eyes on that)

3. Adata Premier Pro SP900 64GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5 Inch Solid State Drive

4. Adata XPG SX900 64GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5 Inch Solid State Drive

which The Better HDD (plus the ssd) :

1. Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 

or 

2. Western Digital Caviar Black WD3001FAEX 3TB  

which better than which (By Order Please)
Edited by mony2011

Get the best looking one at a reasonable price. You are probably confused by: This ssd has 10 more mbps then that ssd, but that ssd has more random IOPS then this ssd. ....

You NEVER get to see the 400-500+mbps you see in benchmarks. Because of 

1. Slower storage (HDD/Flash)

2. Cpu overhead

OH and please do some mroe research, there must be a 120 gb ssd somewhere that fits your budget.

60 gb just aint cutting it today! You have to calculate in updates, windows defender and such. They all have to be on the primary drive.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

try to invest in a 120+ gb ssd instead. If i remember correctly, (please correct me if I'm wrong) SSD has a limited number of reads and writes. so it's better to have a larger size so the ssd could undergo much more reads and writes before dying.

I'd go for a 120gb. Just save up a little more money, it'll really be worth it in the end. Lower capacity drives also don't have the same performance as the higher capacity ones.

You'll quickly run out of room on a 64gb drive, as others have said.

try to invest in a 120+ gb ssd instead. If i remember correctly, (please correct me if I'm wrong) SSD has a limited number of reads and writes. so it's better to have a larger size so the ssd could undergo much more reads and writes before dying.

It's not nearly that bad. I highly doubt anyone would ever reach the cap, unless they were trying really hard.

I've ran a 60gb OCZ SSD in my system for the last 4-5 years. It's been through hell. Constant PhotoShop writes, downloads of massive amounts of files, etc etc.

Still runs like a dream. It'll be going into a friends rig as a dedicated scratch disk soon.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Well ...as you all guys recommend :) .. if i go with 120gb it will be one of those :

Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 

Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 

Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB

Corsair Force Series LS 120GB

i dont know why but i just love the Corsair Ones....so i will see your Recommendations :D 

Samsung or one of the HyperX ones, used 'em before and they haven't let me down yet

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

okay then i think i will put the Samsung one in mind 

i have another question which The Better HDD (plus the ssd) :

Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 

or 

Western Digital Caviar Black WD3001FAEX 3TB 

Kingston VSeries SSD Now

Kingston VSeries SSD Now

So you recommend him the V300... the only drive OP really should avoid at all cost... why?

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Why not the MX100?

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

It's not nearly that bad. I highly doubt anyone would ever reach the cap, unless they were trying really hard.

I've ran a 60gb OCZ SSD in my system for the last 4-5 years. It's been through hell. Constant PhotoShop writes, downloads of massive amounts of files, etc etc.

Still runs like a dream. It'll be going into a friends rig as a dedicated scratch disk soon.

Damn that's good! I know most ssds ("entry" level) has a warranty for 3 years. 

I'd go for a 120gb. Just save up a little more money, it'll really be worth it in the end. Lower capacity drives also don't have the same performance as the higher capacity ones.

You'll quickly run out of room on a 64gb drive, as others have said.

That's basically what I do with my 60gb OCZ Vertex 2. I've got it set up my systems scratch disk xD

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Get the best looking one at a reasonable price. You are probably confused by: This ssd has 10 more mbps then that ssd, but that ssd has more random IOPS then this ssd. ....

You NEVER get to see the 400-500+mbps you see in benchmarks. Because of 

1. Slower storage (HDD/Flash)

2. Cpu overhead

OH and please do some mroe research, there must be a 120 gb ssd somewhere that fits your budget.

60 gb just aint cutting it today! You have to calculate in updates, windows defender and such. They all have to be on the primary drive.

Agree, i have a 120 gig SSD for "C-Drive / windwos" and with updates, some basic music and pic files, word etc that windwos seems to like to put onto "C" then you use up 120 easy, sometimes its like embedded files, game save files that make automatic small file installs to "C" even if you install the main game or application to another or "D-Drive" so yeah for sure 120gig SSD for O/S is a smart idea.

If you are on a real real tight budget you can just get one drive like a "1 TB" or even "500gb" all in one hybrid SSHD (hybrid) drive from Seagate and i think WD makes one now, that will boot windows faster than a normal HDD, and then all other apps and games etc will be on the main HDD portion of the drive and it keeps its simple to one drive or you can partition it into other sections.

got to love Asus components

Well as you suggest... i will Go with a 120GB SSD and it will be one of those :

Adata XPG SX900 128GB

or 

Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB

And which The Better HDD (plus the ssd) :

or 

samsung 850pro 500gb 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

While this is theoretically true, it just depends on how many centuries of use you are trying to get out of it before upgrading...

That's basically what I do with my 60gb OCZ Vertex 2. I've got it set up my systems scratch disk xD

Haha, oddly enough that's the same SSD that I have.

Damn that's good! I know most ssds ("entry" level) has a warranty for 3 years. 

Oh I'm sure it's out of warranty by now. But most drives will last much much longer than their warranty suggests is all I'm saying :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

And which The Better HDD (plus the 120 GB ssd) :

or 

I am personally a fan of the Western digital caviar black Because it does have a pretty high rpm. And I also have 1 in my rig and runs pretty good for a hdd

or

or

Personally I'd go Western Digital.

Haha, oddly enough that's the same SSD that I have.

Oh I'm sure it's out of warranty by now. But most drives will last much much longer than their warranty suggests is all I'm saying :)

It was a good ssd despite the severe firmware issues.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

or 

The WD Black is a high speed, performance disk. Do you actually need this if you are using an SSD for things that require speed? I would be tempted to get the cheapest WD or Seagate HDD in the capacity you need.