Do you use a spectrophotometer for calibrate your monitor

trama09

If so, which one?

...accidentally hit the enter key. Title was supposed to read: Do you use a spectrophotometer to calibrate your monitor(s)?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Nah, I use my eyes and personal judgement to calibrate it to what I think looks best.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

nope, I adjust things to what my eyes like not what may be more accurate according to some gadget. I tried a datacolor a while back but didn't like how it made things look. 

nope, I adjust things to what my eyes like not what may be more accurate according to some gadget. I tried a datacolor a while back but didn't like how it made things look.

They're not the best ones to use. The i1Display Pro is considered one of the best and used by professional monitor reviewers like Simon Baker of TFT Central.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Nah, I use my eyes and personal judgement to calibrate it to what I think looks best.

They're not the best ones to use. The i1Display Pro is considered one of the best and used by professional monitor reviewers like Simon Baker of TFT Central.

Thanks for the feedback. I try to use my eyes, but I can't ever get it to (my) perfect. I guess I am a little anal like that.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Thanks for the feedback. I try to use my eyes, but I can't ever get it to (my) perfect. I guess I am a little anal like that.

No worries, you're welcome! I'm the same bro! ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You can't do it just with your eyes, as your eyes won't see to colors of your display objectively. That's what a sensor does. I use a Spyder4Elite myself.

You can't do it just with your eyes, as your eyes won't see to colors of your display objectively. That's what a sensor does. I use a Spyder4Elite myself.

I assume you're pleased with the results it produces? 

So far yes.. I think at the end it's about using an actual tool. I suppose they're all doing well...