New router recommendations?

im currently using Dlink's DIR-655 router.. and after upgrading/obtaining alot more electronic devices in the household, this router seems to crash quite often and requires a hard reboot..im not the most technical guru and not rather mess with DD-WRT firmware and just purchase a better/stronger router to the devices in my household..i have about 12-14 devices that need/should be connected to it (tablets/phones/Gaming consoles/TVs etc...etc)  ..even my chromecast isnt 100% stable! ...any recommendations? this hard reboot is annoying, and especially with the users not happy with the contant crashing...

NZXT Phantom | 990FX Sabertooth | AMD Phenom II 1090t | Phanteks PH-TC114PE | EVGA GTX 960  | Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP |

WD Caviar Black 500gb x 2WD Caviar Green 1TB  | Corsair AX650 | Creative Sound Blaster Z

Linus reviewed one that was about $300. That's the one I'd get. I believe it's more commercial oriented.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I lean to higher end Net Gear routers. I cant speak for the longevity as I tend to get a new one about every year because I like new shit. All the models I have had worked out the box, plug n play. beyond that the software for traffic prioritization was easy to set up and firmware was always easy to upgrade. zero issues and great connectivity. 

I believe that Luke Lafreniere (@Slick) was asking about routers. I believe that he got some decent recommendations. You'll have to look through his posts to find his thread. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

thanks guys!, ill check out and snoop around..wish I wasnt in a hurry for one :(

NZXT Phantom | 990FX Sabertooth | AMD Phenom II 1090t | Phanteks PH-TC114PE | EVGA GTX 960  | Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP |

WD Caviar Black 500gb x 2WD Caviar Green 1TB  | Corsair AX650 | Creative Sound Blaster Z

maybe around 150$ max, give or take a little over and under

I have an Asus ac66u and I'm happy with it. 

With so many devices you should really get a $200-250 dollar router. 

I have an Asus ac66u and I'm happy with it. 

With so many devices you should really get a $200-250 dollar router. 

realistically, only 5-6 are active at a time

maybe around 150$ max, give or take a little over and under

I upgraded from a Dir-655 aswell, I got the Asus RT-N56, its got 5 ghz and 2.4ghz. Two people in the house could be watching netflix in 1080p and I wouldn't even notice. I have 3 consoles, 3 laptops, a desktop pc, homeserver, 4 phones, 2 tablets, printer, and a second wireless router, all connected to the RT. I only have to restart it about 1 every two months cause of the shitbox one complaining that the nat type is closed.

One thing to mention, if you plan on using game stream of any sort, you have to be pretty much standing beside it, the 5ghz has a real terrible range.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

I upgraded from a Dir-655 aswell, I got the Asus RT-N56, its got 5 ghz and 2.4ghz. Two people in the house could be watching netflix in 1080p and I wouldn't even notice. I have 3 consoles, 3 laptops, a desktop pc, homeserver, 4 phones, 2 tablets, printer, and a second wireless router, all connected to the RT. I only have to restart it about 1 every two months cause of the shitbox one complaining that the nat type is closed.

One thing to mention, if you plan on using game stream of any sort, you have to be pretty much standing beside it, the 5ghz has a real terrible range.

thanks, ill take a look at that one too!

I run 13-14 devices on this with zero issues:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QB1RPY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687662&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0049YQVHE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=018B4SVKF6D6DGYHMQ1B

There is also an AC version and it doesn't look like a robot from transformers.

I run a pfsense box. Most stable thing ever. I also use a crap netgear router as my AP. I had a decent netgear wndr3500 (i think) but unfortunately. it got destroyed by lightning