Quick question regarding motherboard size compatibility.

So, I can't seem to find a straight answer to this anywhere, so I hope you can fill me in. 

Will an E-ATX motherboard fit into a case with the maximum mobo size of ATX? In this case, the H440. As far as I can see, the only difference is that little extra width and that's it. Or is there anything else that I'm missing? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Mobo's that are bigger than ATX don't always follow 100% the standars anymore. So can you post which mobo you want to fit?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I know the Define R4 can fit an E-ATX motherboard but i dont think the H440 can

I think that as well, there doesn't seem to be any space left when you mount a normal ATX board.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I know the Define R4 can fit an E-ATX motherboard but i dont think the H440 can

The only issue that I can think of is that there won't be any routing holes for the 24-pin. But with some custom sleeving and some tight curves, it might no be much of an issue.

Mobo's that are bigger than ATX don't always follow 100% the standars anymore. So can you post which mobo you want to fit?

Asus X99-E WS

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

If you're worried about not having a routing hole for the 24-pin, you can just bring it through the drive bays. I have an H440 with an ATX mobo and I did that anyways, puts less strain on the cable. Not sure about standoffs and stuff though.

Well i did some research, and IN THEORY it should fit.

I will explain why

Atx is 305 x 244 mm (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX )

The WS is actually a CEB board, which is also a standard. and they are 305 x 267 mm (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSI_CEB )

So that means the WS is 2 centimeter wider than ATX, which means it should fit because there seems to be more than 2cm space at the side in the H440. But that's eyeball work.

In theory it should fit. But i'm not 100% sure about it!