Intel Compute Stick - PC on a stick with full size USB port - Runs Windows 8.1 - 149.99$

Maybe you should mod it, add a heatsink and fan :)

I may or may not have ordered some tiny 1 inch square 5V peltier from china that I am waiting to arrive from china . with an estimated delivery time of about a week ago to august. Either way there is a plan in the works to keep it from throttling.  Also I found out that the firmware on my stick wont let the cores boost :/ the official stick will boost to 1.83 but mine will only go to ~1.5 in very rare circumstances and drops right back down to 1.3 under load. There is a Russian guy trying to port over the official firmware so I'm following that endeavor as well.

So so far my cheapo stick lost:

16GB of storage

Active cooling

Proper firmware updates

But Gained:

an additional USB port (OTG).

a head start with their modding community.

still quite happy with it for under $80

http://www.amazon.com/19-4W-Thermoelectric-Cooler-Peltier-Cooling/dp/B00OM0WNEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429910419&sr=8-2&keywords=peltier+5vsame peltier I orders just for 1/5th as many and 3x as expensive. 

along with a tiny 30mm fan and old aluminum heatsink from a old P4 system.

If this thread is still active when the stuff arrives I'll post some picks of the EPIC ghettoness. (this plan will include twisty ties and a tiny clamp made of screws washers and wing-nuts)

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Well it looks like Aliexpress canceled my order about 2 months ago. So ebay should have it to be in 2 or 3 weeks. Now the question is do I want to stay practical or do I want to go even more needlessly overboard. 

I have some dead laptops with coolers similar to'

IBM_R40_fan.jpg

Should I rig the peltier to that or stick with the much more compact north-bridge heat-sink and fan.  Thoughts? ... this is probably getting to the point it should be it's own topic.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Well it looks like Aliexpress canceled my order about 2 months ago. So ebay should have it to be in 2 or 3 weeks. Now the question is do I want to stay practical or do I want to go even more needlessly overboard. 

I have some dead laptops with coolers similar to'

IBM_R40_fan.jpg

Should I rig the peltier to that or stick with the much more compact north-bridge heat-sink and fan.  Thoughts? ... this is probably getting to the point it should be it's own topic.

Balls to the wall please :D

never said They should utilize the full 100 watts xD I was just thinking like a 15-20 watt chip at most lol; see above ^^

you should also know this atom chip costs like 17€ while the equivalent Core M (4W) broadwell is 281€ and a 15W i3-5015U part is 275€ so that would jack up the price immensly

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

that's pretty neat. i can just plug that into my TV and plug a wireless kb&m and bam, i get a PC. i buy that if it reach Indonesia

This is great for TV or even for someone who will just web surf.

Imagine just getting a monitor and that stick that you connect on the back. It can turn any monitor (with HDMI), into a all-in-one solution. Make sure the monitor has a powered USB hub built-in, and you are completely set, with no messy wires. Can even be a kitchen computer if are able to get a monitor with a touch screen.

Like you can plug it with the Dell S2240t a 350$ touch screen monitor, 1080p has HDMI:

dell-s2240t-overview1.jpg

All you'll have is a power cable for the monitor (actually you may need a USB hub if yo want wired keyboard/mouse as this monitor doesn't, but you get the idea)

Absolutly right! I own this monitor and it's really great! Now that I'm thinking, I could buy that and have a "all-in-one" PC :P

Main Rig:
Mainboard: MSI Z270 Tomahawk Arctic | CPU: Intel Core i7 (7700k) @5GHz| RAM: Crutical Ballistix Sport LT (32GB) | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 | Storage: SanDisk Ultra II (1TB) & Samsung 950 Pro (512GB) | PSU: Corsair RM550i | Case: Thermaltake Urban S31 (Snow)

Work Rig:
Mainboard: MSI H170A PC Mate | CPU: Intel Core i3 (6100T) @3.3GHz| RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Case: Thermaltake Urban S31