Any tips on enjoying different game categories?

So, I play fps games most of the time, and I hate basically any other type of game with very few exceptions, and am never really willing to try a new game because I think I will get bored very quickly and to be honest I am usually correct and end up hating new games. But the thing is, I really wanna try and enjoy different games because my friends are very open to new games and they enjoy other games, so I wanna be able to find a new game, try it and have fun without thinking I will get bored immediately.

FPS heh?

I sometimes get bored playing CS:GO so i play the Zombie servers, it's fun. 

Well I didn't say this... But you could torrent it... And if you find the game to be worth your money you could then buy it off of steam

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Could always try broadening your games to other first person games that aren't full on FPS games like CS:GO, CoD, and BF are.

Could try games like Far Cry, Alien Isolation, Penumbra, Amnesia, Outlast... There's this game on Steam called Brick Force that me and my friends had an absolute blast playing for a while. It's a more voxel based FPS game. Really fun game if you don't want to stray too far away from the true FPS genre.

You could also try a game like Rust, the Forest, etcetera etcetera. Lots of fun games out there, ya just gotta thoroughly search through Steam to find something you may want to play.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

If you don't like certain games, don't play them. There's tons of other things to do with your free time.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Give them time, you will like them. The problem with FPS gamers (myself included) is that we prefer fast paced games, combat etc. While quite a few games expect you to stop, enjoy the surounding, get into playin them and we consider that time wasting. But if I could do it, so can you! :D

I grew up playing a lot of different game genres, so I'm used to the diversity. If all you play is FPS, you're gonna get bored really quickly. Try playing games where the main genre focus is FPS, but they have other elements like RPG to them. A great example of this are the Borderlands games. Borderlands 2 is probably the fastest-paced of all of them, though the new one that dropped a few months back (The Pre-Sequel) has all kinds of cool features that add new depth and dimension to the play style. But I digress, you still do a lot of run and gunning, but there are RPG elements thrown in, such as quests, experience being earned, and hunting for rare gear. Definitely breaks up the monotony of "kill a couple people, call in a ton of airstrikes, rinse and repeat" that a lot of FPS games seem to be content with throwing out there.

Hand of Nod: i7-4790K, 16GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, MSI Gaming 5 Z97 mobo, LEPA 120mm red LED fans (x3) Corsair SPEC-03 case, Seasonic 650W 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, ASUS VG248QE 144hz monitor, Patriot Blaze 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD (x2)

I'm the exact opposite. I can't play FPS for more than 15 minutes without being bored to death. I tend to lean towards games with in depth games and combat systems. This mostly comes from the early years of playing traditional JRPGs, but I still find my self looking for those things in games. I look for things that entertain me as well. Dragons, wizards, bad ass aliens. I don't base it on what type of games I am playing as much as what the content of the game itself is, but I still have to force myself to play even in depth games that have a first person view. Oblivion and Skyrim, for example, took me a long time to get to like because of the first person view (3rd person in those games is horrendous). Eventually though I was able to get past it due to the content and story.

Just keep trying different things. You'll find something you like eventually. 

If you like action, then go for action style games. Like Action-RPG (Diablo III, Torchlight) or intensive platformers (Bastion etc). Depending on what kind of FPS you enjoy, MOBA could also work, being tactical most of the time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Could always try broadening your games to other first person games that aren't full on FPS games like CS:GO, CoD, and BF are.

Could try games like Far Cry, Alien Isolation, Penumbra, Amnesia, Outlast... There's this game on Steam called Brick Force that me and my friends had an absolute blast playing for a while. It's a more voxel based FPS game. Really fun game if you don't want to stray too far away from the true FPS genre.

You could also try a game like Rust, the Forest, etcetera etcetera. Lots of fun games out there, ya just gotta thoroughly search through Steam to find something you may want to play.

I love the forest, one of my biggest issues with playing games is that I judge of of its picture so a lot of games have pictures I dont like so I dont play them.

Give them time and you will start to like them.

If you want to chop dudes in tiny parts, you can try MGR Revengeance, that's a fun game, the controls are kind of weird but you can get used to them.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

The best thing is to have a friend who is able to help you get into the game and to give you the push.  My friend introduced me to games like LoL and Civ5 that I wouldn't have otherwise played.  If your friends try and push you to play a game.  Let them; it might catch on.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

I know just where you're coming from. I was pretty much only an FPS guy myself. But slowly got into other games. 

As has been said, if you have a friend to help push you into other genres, games that may seem boring or not keep you entertained are always more fun if you're playing them with a friend and can have a laugh with and kepe you into the game while playing it

Main Rig - HAL-900D:  Case: Corsair 900D, Motherboard: Asus RoG Crosshair V Formula, PSU: Corsair AX860i, CPU: AMD FX 8350, Cooler: Corsair H100i, RAM: 16Gb 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance, SSD: Samsung 120Gb 840 Pro, Kingston v300 120Gb, HDD: 1Tb WD Black, 1Tb WD Green, 2x 2Tb Seagate Barracuda

NAS - TMA-1: Case: Bitfenix Phantom Arctic White, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N-Wifi, PSU: Corsair CX430W, CPU: Intel Celeron G1820, RAM: 8Gb 1600Mhz TeamElite, HDD: 3x2Tb Seagate NAS, 

minesweeper or qq

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps watch some walkthroughs of people having fun, really adds to it.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Hi!

Years ago I could play all kinds of games. Nowadays a lot of games just bore me very fast. Some super cool graphics can't hold my attention. It's often nothing new but just the same old stuff in a prettier dress.

Recently I was very happily surprised by Dark Souls:Prepare To Die Edition.
It grabbed my attention and I was hooked. Gameplay and combat is awesome and very fulfilling. The atmosphere is great, kind of dark and medieval.

It was pretty cheap on Kinguin and a great deal for sure!

It's got a bit of a FPS feel to it with some RPG elements mixed in but nothing too complicated to get started.

Some remarks:

It's probably advisable to have some kind of controller to play it (I've read that the keyboard controls suck).

You should immediately install the graphics "fix" DSfix so the game renders the graphics on a higher resolution like for example: 2560x1440 instead of doing some kind of ugly upscaling of the standard resolution which causes ugly graphics. This fix is free, very easy and fast to install, works great and makes the game look great on higher resolutions compared to the "default" graphics.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240

No idea why this is a problem with the existence of Steam sales, even if you do get bored of a game it's easy to justify it because you paid so little for it.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Hi!

Years ago I could play all kinds of games. Nowadays a lot of games just bore me very fast. Some super cool graphics can't hold my attention. It's often nothing new but just the same old stuff in a prettier dress.

Recently I was very happily surprised by Dark Souls:Prepare To Die Edition.

It grabbed my attention and I was hooked. Gameplay and combat is awesome and very fulfilling. The atmosphere is great, kind of dark and medieval.

It was pretty cheap on Kinguin and a great deal for sure!

It's got a bit of a FPS feel to it with some RPG elements mixed in but nothing too complicated to get started.

Some remarks:

It's probably advisable to have some kind of controller to play it (I've read that the keyboard controls suck).

You should immediately install the graphics "fix" DSfix so the game renders the graphics on a higher resolution like for example: 2560x1440 instead of doing some kind of ugly upscaling of the standard resolution which causes ugly graphics. This fix is free, very easy and fast to install, works great and makes the game look great on higher resolutions compared to the "default" graphics.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240

thanks!  I will look into this!