Windows 8 Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 - Coming February - Tablet PC that can be used with your desktop as drawing tablet+monitor for your desktop system.

GoodBytes

Wacom is finally updating its Surface Pro like device: Cintiq Companion.

wacom-cintiq-companion.jpg

The new revision of the system features a higher resolution IPS display, now pushing 2560x1440, while remaining it's form factor and size of 13.3 inch. The glass limits glare. The system comes with it's 2048 level of pressure sensitivity pen, much like the old one, with tilt recognition (Wacom always keeps it's best technology for itself), and claims that it will provides a realistic “pen-on-paper” feel.

A cool feature of the Companion 2 which is unique, is that it can connect to your PC or Mac, and function as a primary or secondary display with the pen. So it is a tablet, with digitize Wacom pen support, which can be a laptop, or be a normal drawing tablet and secondary screen for your desktop system.

The CPU is unknown. All we know is that it has "Intel® Core™ processors". But I think it will be the Core i7 Haswell CPU.

You can select between 4 to 16GB of RAM model, and 64GB to 512GB SSD capacity.

The pricing is (in US):

-> Entry model: 64GB SSD: $1,299.99

-> Value model: 128GB SSD: $1,599.99

-> Standard model: 256GB SSD: $1,999.99

-> Premium mode: 512GB SSD: $2,499.99 (in Spring)

No information on which model has what capacity of RAM.

Source: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/announcements/cintiq-companion-2

finally they only went up to 1080p until now, its pretty shocking in fact

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

• 1 month later...

thank god i didnt get a companion yet <.<

Character artist in the Games industry.

The new revision of the system features a higher resolution IPS display, now pushing 2560x1440, while remaining it's form factor and size of 13.3 inch. The glass limits glare. The system comes with it's 2048 level of pressure sensitivity pen, much like the old one, with tilt recognition (Wacom always keeps it's best technology for itself), and claims that it will provides a realistic “pen-on-paper” feel.

Worth it for this alone, IMO. I might have to reconsider my mobile computing and get this...