The AMD alternative

Hello there!

I already made a post here before about a planned build, it had a core i-5 3470 and i was quite pleased with how it looked on paper.

but then...

I read the anandtech article about the best gaming CPU in 2013 and according to them it was the A85600K. I'll link it at the end of the post. I was wondering if the build i had planned out would work well for gaming. I plan on gaming on a single monitor, 1080p. Budget is 800euro's. On a final note, i live in Belgium :D

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy 81.99 (I'm not sure about this case though, if anyone knows any great looking Mini-ITX cases...)

CPU: A85600K 94.90

Mobo: ASRock FM2A85X - ITX 94.90

GPU: XFX radeon 7870 DD Black edition 229.95

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 67.9

PSU: BeQuiet 500W 80+ Silver 64.9

SSD: Samsung 840 120Gb 89.90

HDD: Got a 500Gb from my old system FREE

Grand total so far: 724.44

Link to the article: http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&sqi=2&ved=0CIEBEBYwCA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.anandtech.com%2Fshow%2F6934%2Fchoosing-a-gaming-cpu-single-multigpu-at-1440p&ei=vXbFUYHYDtDesgbJroDYBw&usg=AFQjCNH906LITeyvnFdpd3sxKxf1ZNh6Yw&bvm=bv.48293060,d.Yms

Suggestions and advice please!

Thanks!

PDW

get a 3470 instead.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Why get an APU if you are running a discrete graphics card? Hybrid crossfire is possible if you get a 6670 with that APU but is generally not recommended

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

ok with the am3+ platform and the 6300 ... the extra cpu performance wont hurt you know... that review was simply the best cheapest cpu one needs ... if you can expand a bit and get the am3+ platform it would serve you well. 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Like what Chevaushr said, get an FX 6300 with an AM3+ mobo. That's a better choice than a A8 APU.

The FX 6300 is around 99,95

An Asrock AM3+ 990FX Extreme3 mobo is for €95,-

If you like to oc the CPU get an aftermarked CPU cooler from Cooler Master like the Hyper 212, its for 26,-

The prices are from azerty.nl

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

get a 3470 instead.

This^

When they were talking about it being thr best cpu, they weren't talking about performance.

The 3470 destroys the A85600K in terms of performance.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.