90lb paper. printed black and white. spray it to stiffen and give a gloss/playing cards look?

HeyKitty

So I have bought and printed on 90lb paper. I thought that would be close to playing card thickness, though it isn't quiet to taste and it is also very matte looking.  Is there something I can spray to give it a tougher feel and a glossy look?  or even just a stiffer feel. gloss isn't a necessity.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

Not really. What you are seeing is lamination. It's a plastic that is bonded to the paper to increase stiffness and add protection. There are lamination machines available that will do something like that. Look at Staples or online and talk to your local friendly printer to find out what's available in your area.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

I read on the internet somewhere that a split 50 50 mix of PVA glue and water will work well to stiffen paper.  Will this work with 90lb paper. or just another troll post?

I read on the internet somewhere that a split 50 50 mix of PVA glue and water will work well to stiffen paper.  Will this work with 90lb paper. or just another troll post?

It might work in thick coats, but that might degrade the paper...

Lamination in plastic might be your best bet... how large is that piece of paper??

Also are you using water-soluble ink? if so, the PVA mix will wash away the printing...

Trust me, I'm an archivist (in training)...

It's just plain 90lb paper through a Brother inkjet printer. It isnt one piece of paper, it is several decks of playing cards.

It's just plain 90lb paper through a Brother inkjet printer. It isnt one piece of paper, it is several decks of playing cards.

Yup... Cut it down to size first then use lamination... the PVA mix (or anything water-based) will wash away the ink...

There are shops that offer lamination services, or you could get your own lamination machine...

Edit:

Also, please use the quote button when replying to a post so that the person you're replying to will be notified... thanks...

Yup... Cut it down to size first then use lamination... the PVA mix (or anything water-based) will wash away the ink...

There are shops that offer lamination services, or you could get your own lamination machine...

Edit:

Also, please use the quote button when replying to a post so that the person you're replying to will be notified... thanks...

I am sure you are talking about the two pieces of plastic lamination. but that would be rather tidious work for my amount of cards. will a lamination spray like this work?

http://www.amazon.com/Krylon-1306-Workable-Fixatif-11-Ounce/dp/B00023JE7U/ref=pd_sim_hi_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=04ZDADHG9W3HQBGNE4FX

I am sure you are talking about the two pieces of plastic lamination. but that would be rather tidious work for my amount of cards. will a lamination spray like this work?

http://www.amazon.com/Krylon-1306-Workable-Fixatif-11-Ounce/dp/B00023JE7U/ref=pd_sim_hi_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=04ZDADHG9W3HQBGNE4FX

Yes, I'm talking about that kind of lamination... It would be easier if you could fit multiple cards on a single laminate sheet, then cut it to size afterwards...

Haven't used that one in the field yet, but it should do what you need it to do... I'm not sure how many cans you need though...