Thank the ThinkPad Gods Lenovo has seen the light!

Thank the ThinkPad Gods Lenovo has seen the light physical buttons for all!

According to Tom's hardware: "Lenovo told us that its customers were instrumental in convincing the company to undo the new (now old) larger touchpad design with integrated buttons. "

http://goo.gl/F8MhbI

This shows once again that customers do have power over certain things when it comes to products. now all that needs to make its return would be the physical buttons for the TrackPad. For me this is a non-issue as when not using a trackball or mouse I the TrackPoint as it it far superior.

It looks more genuine with the buttons too I mean that's how you would recognise a ThinkPad because of the unique trackpad and it's buttons as well as the TrackPoint. I do have to say that even though the design of ThinkPads has been slightly polished up they sure have shown to look great with the design they had for years. I personally really dig it over anything that is out there.

It looks more genuine with the buttons too I mean that's how you would recognise a ThinkPad because of the unique trackpad and it's buttons as well as the TrackPoint. I do have to say that even though the design of ThinkPads has been slightly polished up they sure have shown to look great with the design they had for years. I personally really dig it over anything that is out there.

I completely agree. I mean the touchpad ones were not that bad once you enable trackpoint only mode and they became 3 big buttons with a smaller one in the middle. Also that trackpad has a decent amount of movement when yo uclick you you did have tactile feedback but yo uhave to wonder why even go away from the physical buttons in the first place if that is what your going to do.

Large volume sales speak the loudest. Lenovo's main market is the business community that buys 100s, potentially 1000s of units. They better listen to their customers. I'd wager all of their customers would happily see the complete removal of the touchpad leaving only the trackpoint and buttons behind. I certainly would, I barely use the touchpad on my X230. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Large volume sales speak the loudest. Lenovo's main market is the business community that buys 100s, potentially 1000s of units. They better listen to their customers. I'd wager all of their customers would happily see the complete removal of the touchpad leaving only the trackpoint and buttons behind. I certainly would, I barely use the touchpad on my X230.

Correct, a thinkpad should be like my desoldering gun. It was released in 1990 and the only changes it saw were material improvemnts or a increase in tip options. The desoldering gun was only discontinued last year if I recall. Well in relation to the ThinkPads they would still get their yearly hardware improvements.

They have had computers like that before and they offer this keyboard that I use on my HTPC http://goo.gl/UHhCRf . I dont think all of their customers would like it but I know a large percentage would especially those who are partial to ThinkPads.

On the note of things I wish they would bring back another would be the latch for the lid. I just really prefer having a latch. I also allows you to not have the initial pressure when opening where you might lift up the bottom of the laptop. After having used their new keyboard extensively its one of the better chicklet scissor switch keyboards available currently but I still enjoy typing on my T420 with the older style keyboard considerably more and thats even a downgrade from the C2D era IBM thinkpad keyboards.

The buttons I can understand, but track points?! They're utterly useless imho.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The buttons I can understand, but track points?! They're utterly useless imho.

So what days do you have open? I have to reserve a some time in the ring for us so i need to know what you have open.

So what days do you have open? I have to reserve a some time in the ring for us so i need to know what you have open.

All of tomorrow. then Monday and that's it before I head back to school to prepare for the Men's Glee Club winter tour to Hungary, Germany, and Switzerland.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd