Best Monitor For My PC?

MrTrem

Hi, I am from Jersey in the UK. I am currently using a 1440x900p TN monitor but wish to upgrade it due to me building my new PC (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/JTWq7P). This monitor would mainly be used for gaming and light editing. Please could i have any suggestions.

any advice is much apreciated,thanks.

Obligatory U2414H recommendation. U2414H.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz, something like the H236HL-BID

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

yep, great stand, great panel, and usb 3,0 hub

im also from jersey!

in the united states

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

im also from jersey!

in the united states

you are from new jersey, he is from the old one.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

XL2411Z 144hz monitor?

Otherwise the U2414H is a great 60hz panel.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

im also from jersey!

in the united states

sorry to disapoint you but I am from the origanal Jersey.

Islanders travelled across the North Atlantic to participate in the Newfoundland fisheries in the late 16th century.In recognition for help given to him during his exile in Jersey in the 1640s, Chales II gave George Carteret, bailiff and governor, a large grant of land in the American colonies in between the Hudson and Delaware rivers which he promptly named New Jersey. It is now a state in the United States of America(as you know it). Source-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey

Still apreciate that Jersey love though.

XL2411Z 144hz monitor?

Otherwise the U2414H is a great 60hz panel.

is worth having a gsync monitor? there is a AOC one that comes to mind.

1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz, something like the H236HL-BID

this may sound silly but i am struggling to find one available in the UK.

hi, do you think my pc could handle a 1440p upgrade.

hi, do you think my pc could handle a 1440p upgrade.

Yes. 970 is good for 1440p.

Spoiler

*COUCH*

Edit: Oh, I forgot my sig isn't a thing anymore

Edit: U2141H

Edit: Cough, you can't play off of a couch

Edit: But you can play on one thou...

I trip to make the fall shorter

Hi, I am from Jersey in the UK. I am currently using a 1440x900p TN monitor but wish to upgrade it due to me building my new PC (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/JTWq7P). This monitor would mainly be used for gaming and light editing. Please could i have any suggestions.

any advice is much apreciated,thanks.

Summary if you don't feel like reading a lot:

Get lower speed RAM, over clock dat 4790k all you can, you have a 14S and the 4790k will get rid of its heat cuz of the improved thermal compound.

Do you really want 2400mhz RAM? 1866 CL9 is basically the sweet spot. I know RAM speeds rarely affect price, (and faster is better right? lol, no, and when you say RAM speed you actually are talking about the CAS latency) but the Haswell Refresh usually likes the normal 1.5v, and CAS latency's are the actual speed of the RAM in nanoseconds. You REALLY aren't going to see a difference in gaming, basically 1% in editing. With the slower speed RAM you can overclock you GPU more, which could increase FPS, and will make the CPU cooler. 4790k is overkill IMO with 970, even thou I have one with a 980, but I am about to get a second one.

About the motherboard:

Pretty beefy for this setup, but I myself was about to get the WiFi AC version of my mobo.

sorry if it wasn't clear but i have built this pc, the ram is only there because it is from my previous build.

Get lower speed RAM, over clock dat 4790k all you can, you have a 14S and the 4790k will get rid of its heat cuz of the improved thermal compound.

Do you really want 2400mhz RAM? 1866 CL9 is basically the sweet spot. I know RAM speeds rarely affect price, (and faster is better right? lol, no, and when you say RAM speed you actually are talking about the CAS latency) but the Haswell Refresh usually likes the normal 1.5v, and CAS latency's are the actual speed of the RAM in nanoseconds. You REALLY aren't going to see a difference in gaming, basically 1% in editing. With the slower speed RAM you can overclock you GPU more, which could increase FPS, and will make the CPU cooler. 4790k is overkill IMO with 970, even thou I have one with a 980, but I am about to get a second one.

About the motherboard:

Pretty beefy for this setup, but I myself was about to get the WiFi AC version of my mobo.

sorry if it wasn't clear but i have built this pc, the ram is only there because it is from my previous build.

About the motherboard:

lol, post is for monitor, I'm blabbing about the RAM. Aight, if you really want the 970, buy it, amazing price to performance, especially when factoring in lower temp and sound. If you don't care about sound or temps too much, I suggest to get an AMD card, either the refresh, the upcoming 300 series (I'm pumped), and if you really can trade off saving money for a little bit higher temps and sound get a 7000 series card. Those are crazy cheap nowadays and are still pretty good. I usually talk about BF4 when mentioning performance, I hope that isn't a problem for you when I say this:

If you are playing BF4 Ultra 1440p you really don't need to worry about vram, 3GB is def enough, 2GB bottleneck like 3 fps.

Personally myself, I'd just get a high end 7000 card due to the price and with that money I could get better peripherals if I'm upgrading soon. With your 14S, heat isn't a problem if the card you choose isn't back blowing or whatever it is called.