laptop without touchpad. Does it exist?

HermanT

Is there a model of a laptop (asus, lenovo, anything else) that has no touchpad (a useless device imho)? I'd buy one

note, a mouse can be plugged and everything can be navigated with a keyboard in worst case scenario.

No, because it's really not possible to use a laptop without an input device?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

That defeats the purpose of a laptop. tl;dr: No. And if there is, the designers are/were stupid.

No, That's one of the key points of a laptop, most have a button to turn off the trackpad/left,right click.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

That's where Tablets come in.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

In the 80s/90s, not now.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

There are laptops coming soon that feature RealSense technology, which feature gesturing without even touching anything. But that's probably a long shot. But it may render touchpads obsolete.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

boo-hoo, very sad. as its such a BS to have on a laptop. Maybe on apple, maybe its good. Other laptops, just a waste, I would rather use a mouse seperately than using that rubbish that always interfears when I'm typing etc.

No, because it's really not possible to use a laptop without an input device?

it is not possible to use a laptop without ANY input device. Keyboard is an input device.

boo-hoo, very sad. as its such a BS to have on a laptop. Maybe on apple, maybe its good. Other laptops, just a waste, I would rather use a mouse seperately than using that rubbish that always interfears when I'm typing etc.

it is not possible to use a laptop without ANY input device. Keyboard is an input device.

Try using a laptop without a mouse

Edit: Or a trackpad, so just the keyboard

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Try using a laptop without a mouse

Edit: Or a trackpad, so just the keyboard

already tried, works just fine!

Is there a model of a laptop (asus, lenovo, anything else) that has no touchpad (a useless device imho)? I'd buy one

note, a mouse can be plugged and everything can be navigated with a keyboard in worst case scenario.

Lenovo ThinkPad X200

34748.jpg

"Rawr XD"

In windows 8, there's an option to disable trackpad while typing(it'll automatically disable), I would assume alps and synaptic drivers would also do the same.

In windows 8, there's an option to disable trackpad while typing(it'll automatically disable), I would assume alps and synaptic drivers would also do the same.

thanks! thats interesting to know. I will give it a try when I get a new machine or windows 10 maybe, dont want to use 8...

Lenovo ThinkPad X200

34748.jpg

yeah thats pretty much the only thing... my friend has this one, old as win XP... wish there was something similar in a new variant. ty

Ahh, the ThinkPad! Good memories. Back in the days where FPS was 2 blocks shooting smaller blocks with near infinite ammo. And the glory that is dial-up at a whopping 24(?) Kbps.

Edit: What's wrong with touchpads that bothers you? Is it the placement or the mouse buttons?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

lol yep

HP tried to copy that.

My mom had the Elitebook with it, it only lit the number row at the top. And caused glare on the matte display. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

• 1 year later...

Yes there is, its called the Acer R7-572 / 572G, I'm currently using this laptop as I type this, in case you are wondering, this is a touchscreen laptop, and a delight to use, mine is a low-power i7 variant with Nvidia dedicated graphics and 1T of SSD which I upgraded myself. Can work and game on it. keyboard is amazing as nothing protrudes in front of it just like a traditional keyboard due to lack of touchpad in the front.(they hid it in the back tho but nobody ever uses it as its pointless)

Acer%2BAspire%2BR7-572G-54208G1T%2BRevie

aoeu

1 hour ago, arterius2 said:

-snip-

1 hour ago, Kweidon said:

-snip-

This thread is more than a year old and OP has not been online for more than a year too, so there is no point in replying to this thread..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 hours ago, Minibois said:

This thread is more than a year old and OP has not been online for more than a year too, so there is no point in replying to this thread..

I know, I just stumbled on this thread by accident thought I'd give my input as people here have been clueless.

• 5 months later...
On 9/03/2016 at 5:21 PM, Minibois said:

There is a point because I found this thread from the first result from Google.

arterius2's comment is very useful and I will consider buying an Aspire R7 thanks to this thread.

laptops_without_a_touchpad_-_Google_Search_-_Mozil_2016-08-17_18-53-50.png

25 minutes ago, HyphenSam said:

There is a point because I found this thread from the first result from Google.

arterius2's comment is very useful and I will consider buying an Aspire R7 thanks to this thread.

Fair enough, hadn't though about that.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

• 1 year later...

There are two new machines in addition to old good Acer Aspire R7 that fit the bill:

meet:

Acer PREDATOR TRITON 700

and

Asus ROG ZEPHYRUS

Yes, the keyboard should be in front, and the mouse is what you need. Although Zephyrus has a nice trackpad to the right of the keyboard.

312082.jpg

asus_rogzephyrus.jpg