Watercooled Monster PC!

Have I done my research right? Will this work? Main advice on the watercooling please.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£244.94 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£128.36 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£245.41 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£245.41 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£479.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£479.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case  (£272.39 @ Aria PC) 
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  (£599.12 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  (£64.98 @ Aria PC) 
Headphones: SteelSeries Siberia V2 Headset  (£65.90 @ CCL Computers) 
Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro Neon Headset  (£79.99 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Other: Plastidip 750ml Can - Orange (£16.00)
Other:  Plastidip 750ml Can - Yellow (£16.00)
Other:  Plastidip 750ml Can - Black (£16.00)
Other: Plastidip Aerosol Spray - Black (£11.00)
Other: Plastidip Aerosol Spray - Yellow (£11.00)
Other: Plastidip Aerosol Spray - Orange (£11.00)
Other: Plastidip Aerosol Spray - Blaze Orange (£11.00)
Other: Plastidip Aerosol Spray - Blaze Yellow (£11.00)
Other: Plastidip Primer - 500ml - Clear (£9.00)
Other: Plastidip Primer Aerosol Can- Clear (£12.00)
Other: Arozzi Monza Gaming Chair - Yellow (£129.95)
Other: Zowie Camade Mouse Bungee Yellow / Black (£9.95)
Other: OcUK Professional Cat6 RJ45 5m Network Cable - Yellow (£3.98)
Other: 34 Piece PC Tool Kit (£24.98)
Other: Akasa AK-TK-01 Cable Tidy Kit (£5.99)
Other: 2 Slots Sli Bridge Cover (Engraved - Vertical) (£3.06)
Other: Tubing Hose cutter (£11.98)
Other: Monsoon Hardline Pro Measuring Kit (£10.24)
Other: TUBE PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced LRT™ 15,9 / 11,1mm - Crystal Clear 10m (£70.60)
Other: EK-FC980 GTX - Nickel x 2 (£172.44)
Other: EK-FC Terminal - Plexi x 2 (£20.32)
Other: EK-CSQ Fitting 12/16mm G1/4 - Nickel x 10 (£72.40)
Other: EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Acetal (£47.79)
Other: EK-Multioption RES X2 - 150 Advanced (£31.85)
Other: EK-DCP 4.0 PWM (12V DC PWM Pump) (£37.60)
Other: EK-Cable PWM Fan Extension (30cm) (£2.31)
Other: EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (480) x 2 (£200.80)
Other: EK-Ekoolant Pastel YELLOW (concentrate 250mL) * 4 (£47.00)
Other: Alphacool Ultra Pure Water 1000ml x3 (£14.22)
Other: LED 3mm TWIN ULTRA WHITE x 2 (£4.62)
Total: £6816.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-06 17:31 GMT+0000

There really is no budget. The colour scheme is black, yellow and orange. I'm using the 900D, don't change it or the peripherals.
Edited by OrangeFlavoured

Roses are red, violets are blue, computers are awesome, and so are you!

This isn't a dream thread idiot, this is going to happen. I just want to see if my research is on point.

I dont see any research here. Dont call anyone idiot.

I dont see any research here. Dont call anyone idiot.

Thank you! At LEAST someone who says something useful. I did a lot of research , so I'm asking if I'm right. What seems to be wrong with this build then?

Bit waste of money with that 1150 board.

And why isn't one headset enough?

Bit waste of money with that 1150 board.

I know, I just like the colour :P

Thank you! At LEAST someone who says something useful. I did a lot of research , so I'm asking if I'm right. What seems to be wrong with this build then?

x99 wont care if there is 40 degrees. If really want to spend that much money than go for x99

Obviously those articles were from 6-18 months ago because nobody seriously plans that far back because new hardware will already be out making all your "planning" void.

Half the hardware in this build should be changed regardless.

Well, stop insulting me and tell me what is wrong, thereby answer the question I asked in the first place. I just want to see if I am able to do the research necessary. LEARN TO READ.

x99 wont care if there is 40 degrees. If really want to spend that much money than go for x99

Ok, I will look around for some x99 stuff then! Thanks for the actual advice. I always though x99 was really powerhungry, therefore hot.

Well, stop insulting me and tell me what is wrong, thereby answer the question I asked in the first place. I just want to see if I am able to do the research necessary. LEARN TO READ.

Read the first line of my signature and you'll actually get some help.

Read the first line of my signature and you'll actually get some help.

Okay, I will keep that post in mind next time, but you are still just writing unuseful junk on a post where all I wanted was a simple answer to whether I did my research right.

Mother of god, do you intend to marry and live in this PC?

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Okay, I will keep that post in mind next time, but you are still just writing unuseful junk on a post where all I wanted was a simple answer to whether I did my research right.

Serious question then, why are there three headsets?

Mother of god, do you intend to marry and live in this PC?

No, I've just never been able to have a top of the line anything, and I want my first to be the best.

This isn't a dream thread idiot, this is going to happen. I just want to see if my research is on point.

A dream build is something you really want, something you dream about. Even if it's going to come to fruition it can still be a dream build.

No, I've just never been able to have a top of the line anything, and I want my first to be the best.

Thats what she said

Sorry to good my man

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Serious question then, why are there three headsets?

As I said earlier, a lot of my friends have laptops they bring to my house, but they don't have headphones, so they use them when they are at my house :)

A dream build is something you really want, something you dream about. Even if it's going to come to fruition it can still be a dream build.

I see you're point :)

Thats what she said

Sorry to good my man

Also you think you have a bad PC? I have a Pentium Dual and a HD5450 :P

First I wouldn't put the term "Hypothetical" in the title if you actually intend to build it. That itself will attract unwanted comments.

Second, what is it specifically that you want advice on? It seems like you know how to put a computer together, so is it about the water cooling specifically?...in which case I would rewrite the original post to reflect that.

I don't know anything about custom loop so I can't help you with that. However I do have some things to say.

Dual 980 ain't gonna drive any games 7680 x 1440 anywhere near 144 fps. Unless you're playing CS:GO or something. With this much money spent. You may as well try for a quad 980 SLI then.

If you do intend on using quad 980 SLI you'll need to go X99 and get a LGA2011 CPU. If you do go that path I suggest the 5820K and Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 (It's yellow as well). Also DDR4 memories.

First I wouldn't put the term "Hypothetical" in the title if you actually intend to build it. That itself will attract unwanted comments.

Second, what is it specifically that you want advice on? It seems like you know how to put a computer together, so is it about the water cooling specifically?...in which case I would rewrite the original post to reflect that.

I mainly want advice on the watercooling, and also compatibility issues (if there are any). I will rewrite the post then :)

So how much people did you kill to have the money for a pc like this?

None, I'm making €240,000 profit on a house I bough dirt cheap :)

Also you think you have a bad PC? I have a Pentium Dual and a HD5450 :P

Lol what do you do for a living to afford this?

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Four headsets, Corsair fans, 900D, a bunch of unnecessary storage, good luck getting decent fps at 7680x1440 144Hz with 2 GTX 980's.

Just to humor you on the water cooling stuff. Get an EK EVO waterblock, there newer and "better". A good D5 rebrand pump/res combo like the EK D5 X-RES 140 is better.

The amount of fittings you need is 2 (IN/OUT) per component. The rads are nice, the Alphacool UT60's being a good similar alternative.

Since you have the cash I highly recommend Bitspower compression fittings. 1/2 ID 3/4 OD.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I don't know anything about custom loop so I can't help you with that. However I do have some things to say.

Dual 980 ain't gonna drive any games 7680 x 1440 anywhere near 144 fps. Unless you're playing CS:GO or something. With this much money spent. You may as well try for a quad 980 SLI then.

If you do intend on using quad 980 SLI you'll need to go X99 and get a LGA2011 CPU. If you do go that path I suggest the 5820K and Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 (It's yellow as well). Also DDR4 memories.

I won't be gaming on all 3 in major titles, only (maybe) in things like Civ 5, CSGO, Minecraft and other non heavy games.

Four headsets, Corsair fans, 900D, a bunch of unnecessary storage, good luck getting decent fps at 7680x1440 144Hz with 2 GTX 980's.

Just to humor you on the water cooling stuff. Get an EK EVO waterblock, there newer and "better". A good D5 rebrand pump/res combo like the EK D5 X-RES 140 is better.

The amount of fittings you need is 2 (IN/OUT) per component. The rads are nice, the Alphacool UT60's being a good similar alternative.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely be redoing this build with 3 980s and x99. This is the sort of advice I'm looking for.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($899.99 @ Micro Center) 

Motherboard: Asus X99-E WS SSI CEB LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($503.00 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($651.98 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($546.49 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($546.49 @ Amazon) 

Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor  ($469.00 @ B&H) 

Monitor: LG 34UM95 60Hz 34.0" Monitor  ($851.98 @ Newegg) 

Headphones: Sennheiser HD800 Headphones  ($1479.45 @ Amazon) 

Other: EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal) ($74.99)

Other: EK Geforce GTX 980 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (EK-FC980 GTX - Acetal) ($115.99)

Other: EK Geforce GTX 980 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (EK-FC980 GTX - Acetal) ($115.99)

Other: EK GeForce 980 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling RAM Backplate - Black (EK-FC980 GTX Backplate - Black) ($35.99)

Other: EK GeForce 980 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling RAM Backplate - Black (EK-FC980 GTX Backplate - Black) ($35.99)

Other: EK D5 X-RES Top 100 w/ D5 Vario Pump (EK-XRES 100 D5 Vario (incl. pump)) ($147.99)

Other: Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta Dual 120mm Radiator - 80mm Thick!! ($94.99)

Other: Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Dual 120mm Radiator ($44.99)

Other: 2 PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 3/8"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft Retail Pack - Clear (PFLEXA10-58) ($49.98)

Other: 15X EK G1/4 Thread Perfect Seal Compression Fitting - 10mm ID x 16mm OD (3/8" x 5/8") - Black ($104.85)

Other: Objective2 + ODAC Combo with Rear Power ($274.99)

Other: NZXT HUE 5.25" Bay RGB Color Changing LED Controller w/ LED Strip ($36.99)

Other:  SilenX Luxurae Hard Drive Silencing Solution (LX-HDSS) ($24.95)

Total: $11992.74

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-06 13:23 EST-0500

This is just my dream pc and it would work for him too.