Samsung EVO

Gofspar

I just got my SSD yesterday and Im noticing when I leave my PC on overnight it turns off, any ideas. I checked in Samsung Magician and I don't see anything fishy.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

look at windows event viewer and see why it turned off...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Freezes or just black screen.

http://gyazo.com/20824c3123026622aa896e1e9d88e8e4

event viewer

So have you tried taking the SSD out and seeing if the problem is still there?

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

So have you tried taking the SSD out and seeing if the problem is still there?

Freezes or just black screen.

http://gyazo.com/20824c3123026622aa896e1e9d88e8e4

event viewer

If it's a kernal Power problem, wouldn't it be the PSU been overloaded and shutting down? Just a guess.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

If it's a kernal Power problem, wouldn't it be the PSU been overloaded and shutting down? Just a guess.

Well see if you can use another PSU to see if it is the problem

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Assuming it's the pc in your profile, psu isn't getting overloaded, but I would check power options specifically for that ssd (magician, under optimization, can show you the way to power management). Beyond that, I'd check to make sure power cables are properly plugged in to the psu and ssd (heck, I'd check all them cables).

Beyond that, don't know what to tell you other than I've never set an ssd to sleep on idle (no need to) so I don't know if that would be causing your problem.

- Alston

PSU is fine, i've ran it for a month now.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE