Laptop HDD?

Tenge500

Can a laptop's HDD removed safely and can it be connected to pc?

Does the laptop HDD have a molex 4 pin slot or something like that?

My laptop is: hp pavilion g6 1110-sh.

its a SATA based HDD

just take it out

remove any adaptor

and it will have normal SATA power and data head for you to use in the desktop

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

its a SATA based HDD

just take it out

remove any adaptor

and it will have normal SATA power and data head for you to use in the desktop

But will it work properly on my desktop pc? 100% sure?

A laptop HDD is essentially the same thing as a desktop HDD, except in a smaller form factor. I have had my 5 year old laptop HDD in my system for about 2 years now and it's still working fine,

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Yes 100% sure!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

yes it does

when you power on your desktop

it will detect the HDD and install the drivers

if you dont see the drive

go to disk management and there should be an option to mount foreign disk

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Ok thank you guys.

2 more questions:

1. Compared to my 8-9 year old pc HDD, will the laptop's HDD be slightly better? My desktop pc's HDD is really bad an OS runs extremely slow.

2. Can hdd's be removed from any laptops? From mine? Any ideas? Hp pavilion g6 sh1110 or 1110sh. It has a 500gb hdd and os runs perfectly.

Ok thank you guys.

2 more questions:

1. Compared to my 8-9 year old pc HDD, will the laptop's HDD be slightly better? My desktop pc's HDD is really bad an OS runs extremely slow.

2. Can hdd's be removed from any laptops? From mine? Any ideas? Hp pavilion g6 sh1110 or 1110sh. It has a 500gb hdd and os runs perfectly.

From your PC specs, your laptop is more powerful than your PC... so your pc will stop probably run slower than your laptop 

It might be faster, might be the same, hard to say 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ok thank you guys.

2 more questions:

1. Compared to my 8-9 year old pc HDD, will the laptop be slightly better? My desktop pc's HDD is really bad an OS runs extremely slow.

typically the laptop HDD runs slower at 5400rpm over the normal 7200rpm for desktop HDD

any laptop will have access to the HDD bay so you can use any HDD

typically the laptop HDD runs slower at 5400rpm over the normal 7200rpm for desktop HDD

any laptop will have access to the HDD bay so you can use any HDD

Yeah but my laptop's HDD is 4-5 years old and my desktop pc's hard drive is 9++ years old.

Yeah but my laptop's HDD is 4-5 years old and my desktop pc's hard drive is 9++ years old.

buy a new hard drive?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Saving up for new monitor now.

Does sound like a new hard drive would be more prudent, a hard drives life span in my experience is 3-5 years, then after 5 years don't rely or trust it with any important data. Though that's just what's happened with drives in my experience.

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

Can a laptop's HDD removed safely and can it be connected to pc?

Does the laptop HDD have a molex 4 pin slot or something like that?

My laptop is: hp pavilion g6 1110-sh.

Hey Tenge500,

As the guys mentioned, there should be no problem using the drive as a normal one. The difference would be the form factor, the size of the magnetic platter and the fact that 2.5" drives do not require a power cable to run (they draw the power from the SATA cable). :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Almost all laptops allow change of three major parts, RAM, battery and HDD. Your laptop should have some markings on bottom for screws. HDD and optical drive are usually removed by pulling them from side. Laptop manual could have this info. Each model is bit different so I can't give more in depth guide.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv