i7 4790k Kraken x61 Running way to Hot [Help]

So I am using a 4790k at stock settings with a NZXT Kraken x61 in a NXZT H440 along with two SLI EVGA 780 ti's. My temperatures seem to be way to high to me and I can't understand why. At idle my temps are 45 degress at load my temps go up to 85. I have already tried reseating the cooler multiple times as well as using aftermarket thermal paste Artic 5. What am I doing wrong?

This is the second X61 that I have used as the first one was making a rattling noise so I RMA'd it. 

If you quote me or are replying to me please @ me. Thanks

May be a bad mount.

Use the guide to mount it.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

So I am using a 4790k at stock settings with a NZXT Kraken x61 in a NXZT H440 along with two SLI EVGA 780 ti's. My temperatures seem to be way to high to me and I can't understand why. At idle my temps are 45 degress at load my temps go up to 85. I have already tried reseating the cooler multiple times as well as using aftermarket thermal paste Artic 5. What am I doing wrong?

This is the second X61 that I have used as the first one was making a rattling noise so I RMA'd it.

What temperatures are you wanting to achieve?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Second is to delid your cpu.

How does that help temperatures?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Where do you live ? If ambient temps are a factor. Do you have adequate airflow to move the air that is rising from those 2 780ti's ?

picture of how the system is running may help

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

100% a mounting problem, defective pump or similar. Are your radiator fans spinning at a decent RPM? CAM likes to keep those babies real low out of the box.

Recommending delidding is very silly, please don't do that. Also, although your case's airflow could be a factor I'd say it's not the main problem as you're running a solid 25 - 30c hotter than you should be imo.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Make sure that your pump is running at maximum 100%.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Where do you live ? If ambient temps are a factor. Do you have adequate airflow to move the air that is rising from those 2 780ti's ?

I live in North Carolina so ambient temperatures aren't bad at all. And yes I should have adequate airflow since their are three fans in the front of the H440 pushing the air along with another in the back pushing it out the back of the case as well as the two attached to the radiator at the top of the H440 case. 

Make sure that your pump is running at maximum 100%.

The Kraken x61 is a AIO (All in One) with a variable speed pump.  It adjusts automatically 

The Kraken x61 is a AIO (All in One) with a variable speed pump.  It adjusts automatically 

mmm, not quite.

I own the X31, and the thing is a mess.  I uninstalled CAM after the first hour and control everything through Fan Xpert now because CAM was just a mess, and was causing 20% CPU usage which is unacceptable for a simple monitoring system.

Whatever fan header you have it plugged into, set it to the max.  Don't even plug your fans into it, plug those in through a splitter on a separate fan header.  This was the best way to get it working the way I liked it.  Maybe it will work for you.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

mmm, not quite.

I own the X31, and the thing is a mess.  I uninstalled CAM after the first hour and control everything through Fan Xpert now because CAM was just a mess, and was causing 20% CPU usage which is unacceptable for a simple monitoring system.

Whatever fan header you have it plugged into, set it to the max.  Don't even plug your fans into it, plug those in through a splitter on a separate fan header.  This was the best way to get it working the way I liked it.  Maybe it will work for you.

Right! I don't have that particular issue with cam it barely uses my CPU at all though. I am not using a fan splitter and I have set the fans to run at 1200 RPM. Also when I was referring to the variable speed pump I meant the pump itself adjusts speed based on the water temperature in the system. You can control the Fan speeds but not the pump speed.

May be a bad mount.

Use the guide to mount it.

I have tried remounting several times, I get the same results + or - 2 degrees, also properly changing the thermal paste every time using aftermarket Artic silver 5

picture of how the system is running may help

I assume you mean a picutre of my system? Here you go post-183226-0-48597400-1420531141_thumb.

I have tried remounting several times, I get the same results + or - 2 degrees, also properly changing the thermal paste every time using aftermarket Artic silver 5

Kraken X61 is one of the best AIO Water Cooler out there.

May be there is something wrong with the Cooler. But I haven't heard about complaining about X61.

Better RMA it again.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Make sure the fan header the pump is plugged into is running at max voltage, you can do that through the BIOS.

Make sure the fan header the pump is plugged into is running at max voltage, you can do that through the BIOS.

I have set the CPU fan header that the pump is plugged into to %100 in BIOS. No change in temps I'm afraid, thanks for the suggestion. 

When you say load temps is that from normal application or from stress test?

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

When you say load temps is that from normal application or from stress test?

So completely Idle right after boot CPU usage at 1-4% it's at 44-45 running a stress testing program it gets to 85. Gaming, like playing an intense game such as Far Cry or BF4  it gets to 68-74

So completely Idle right after boot CPU usage at 1-4% it's at 44-45 running a stress testing program it gets to 85. Gaming, like playing an intense game such as Far Cry or BF4  it gets to 68-74

clocks and voltage for your cpu?

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

clocks and voltage for your cpu?

The clocks are default non-oc and umm the voltage is set to auto in BIOS or whatever the default is, I haven't touched that at all 

some motherboards use 1.3v on auto voltage which is way too high that results in excessive heat.

You should input manual CPU vcore voltage to it, most of 4790k can do 1.275 at 4.5Ghz or 1.26. It would help with the overheating problem tremendously.

also when you say stress test program, what specific stress test program are you using and how long before it reach 85c?

some motherboards use 1.3v on auto voltage which is way too high that results in excessive heat.

You should input manual CPU vcore voltage to it, most of 4790k can do 1.275 at 4.5Ghz or 1.26. It would help with the overheating problem tremendously.

also when you say stress test program, what specific stress test program are you using and how long before it reach 85c?

Ok, so what do you suggest I should change the voltage to? Also are you suggesting I overclock it to 4.5 @ 1.275 volts? Also I'm talking about AIDA 64 or Intel Extreme Tuning Utility