Facebook Buys Voice-Recognition Startup. .

in the midst of CES news xD

Screenshot-2014-10-15-10.05.14-e14133603

Facebook officials said that it had acquired a voice-recognition startup that claims to “turn speech into actionable data" The Company is called "wit.ai" The 18-month old company, based in Palo Alto, California, it makes software that can understand spoken words as well as written text phrased in "natural language."

JLFFo.png

wit-ai-voice.png

Wit.ai’s technology could allow Facebook users to speak commands that could be converted to text as posts or messages.

A Facebook representative declined to provide details on how Facebook planned to use the technology or with which group within Facebook the wit.ai team would work.The deal comes as technology companies are racing to bring Internet connectivity to a new crop of devices,

fb-wit.png

The technology is rumored to be used to target advertising against the users , But Wit.ai’s technology could allow Facebook users to speak commands that could be converted to text as posts or messages. The technology could have other uses. Facebook already has an optional feature that can recognize music and television shows and encourage users to post about what they’re listening to or watching.

inbox_wave-4640cae3.png

Pretty interesting news & how & where it's headed is a mystery,  imo most probably they will create a siri+AI hybrid that helps users, Please do post your thoughts on this down below..

Sources: (lots of major outlets are reporting this)

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/05/facebook-wit-ai/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/05/us-facebook-wit-ai-idUSKBN0KE1V220150105

http://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-buys-voice-recognition-startup-1420496634

Details separate people.

Nice article if they are close to getting this to work this really could be big

1 Timothy 1:15

Thank god it's not voice attack. They already took the Facebookulus Rift away from me and Star Citizen, the line in the sand goes here.

Never using anything owned or partnered to Facebook again.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Facebook always buys the best things

And the worst part is we havent seen what the real intention behind them is.

Like oculus rift, it can have some nasty shit in it (ads, users tracking etc) . We dont know :(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE