Posting

I need to run a post test to see if my components are working before I start water cooling them. I have taken a stock heatsync out of my old pc and was going to use it on my cpu for the test and it already has thermal paste already still on it. Would I be able to keep the old paste on while I run the test or should I reapply it even for the test?

I need to run a post test to see if my components are working before I start water cooling them. I have taken a stock heatsync out of my old pc and was going to use it on my cpu for the test and it already has thermal paste already still on it. Would I be able to keep the old paste on while I run the test or should I reapply it even for the test?

If you're not running it for long, it wont matter.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I reccomend re-applying it, some people said this might make air bubbles, but if you just run it for less that a few minutes, you're ok.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

Nope just reapply the thermal paste.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

My only problem for reapplying it is I don't have any thermal paste at the moment.

it isn't like you are running it for a burn in or thrashing it for hours, it is a simple

POST test. you can easily run it hours with that condition, OS setup, web browsing,

email, office.. slap it on there and get to POST..

Should be fine. The air bubbles thing is not as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

People are also making too much fuss over changing paste everytime you take cooler off. I've changed my coolers orientation without changing paste.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv