144Hz ?

MrSushi
Go to solution Solved by VulsaviiK,

FPS games are where you see the most benefit. Although watching League of Legends on my friends 60Hz monitor after having played it on my own 144Hz monitor.... Big, big difference

Actually I think so far the only game I haven't noticed a difference yet with my PC, well, Ultra Street Fighter IV. Which is locked at 60fps

You should be able to drive 144Hz 1440p in most games. Some of the most demanding titles like Metro or Crysis 3 or something, maybe not so much unless you dial the settings back or turn off AA. Games like Bioshock: Infinite or Battlefield 4 though, you'll be fine. I guess it just depends on what you're playing

Hello.

Is there anyone who ever played games at 144hz and can confirm that its really good gaming experience? Should i go for IPS 1440p 60hz or TN 1080p 144hz for gaming?

Thank you very much for replying. :)

144HZ is amazing if you can drive it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

+1

"I'd say welcome friend, but not here...not like this."

I had to make that choice as well, i went for 1080p 144hz. Not too bad colours once you tweak 'em.

Gaming experience is meh, i can't really notice the difference but most people can. I can however tell the difference in windows and when browsing the web, it is a much SMOOTHER experience :)

I haven't tried using my IPS 60hz 1080p monitor yet (since i got the 144hz).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Friends of mine kept telling me it was like night and day and would really help. I recently started to tear in some games so I thought why not and I have a VG248QE coming tomorrow. If you want I can update you on my own personal experience after using 60hz for years.

Will i be able to drive 1440p 144hz with two GTX970s?I think that i will probalby get LG 34UM95 for gaming. Such a hard decision tho.

Friends of mine kept telling me it was like night and day and would really help. I recently started to tear in some games so I thought why not and I have a VG248QE coming tomorrow. If you want I can update you on my own personal experience after using 60hz for years.

I would be really thankfull.  :)

^^^^^

While the difference (for me) isn't like 30vs60 it definitely feels smoother and more enjoyable imo.

I can tell kinda the difference between 60 and 120. Not by much but i still can tell.

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

Will i be able to drive 1440p 144hz with two GTX970s?I think that i will probalby get LG 34UM95 for gaming. Such a hard decision tho.

Maybe on mid-high settings on most games.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I would be really thankfull.  :)

I got the monitor in today and tested some games. I could definitely feel a difference but it wasn't night and day I am going to be playing some Battlefield to see if I notice it on there and will let you know my thoughts after.

EDIT: I did some more gaming and now I can tell the difference the way things move is a lot smoother and I have no ghosting at all.

FPS games are where you see the most benefit. Although watching League of Legends on my friends 60Hz monitor after having played it on my own 144Hz monitor.... Big, big difference

Actually I think so far the only game I haven't noticed a difference yet with my PC, well, Ultra Street Fighter IV. Which is locked at 60fps

You should be able to drive 144Hz 1440p in most games. Some of the most demanding titles like Metro or Crysis 3 or something, maybe not so much unless you dial the settings back or turn off AA. Games like Bioshock: Infinite or Battlefield 4 though, you'll be fine. I guess it just depends on what you're playing

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I got the monitor in today and tested some games. I could definitely feel a difference but it wasn't night and day I am going to be playing some Battlefield to see if I notice it on there and will let you know my thoughts after.

EDIT: I did some more gaming and now I can tell the difference the way things move is a lot smoother and I have no ghosting at all.

thank you very much :D

Will 144hz improve my league of legends gameplay? Will i be able to hit and dodge sillshots more acurrately? Or does it affect anything else than this?

Will 144hz improve my league of legends gameplay? Will i be able to hit and dodge sillshots more acurrately? Or does it affect anything else than this?

I wouldn't fall into the trap of "I'll spend X money and I'll get Y better at Z game". It looks a little bit nicer and a little bit clearer, but I don't think it'll make a big difference to you as a player

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I wouldn't fall into the trap of "I'll spend X money and I'll get Y better at Z game". It looks a little bit nicer and a little bit clearer, but I don't think it'll make a big difference to you as a player

I need monitor for gaming and video editing. I cant decide between 21:9 since its great for video editing and games looks really nice on it but its only 5ms response time and 60hz. Everyone is saying that 144hz is the best gaming experience. So its 144hz vs 21:9 and the problem is i havent tried niether and i dont want to make bad decision. My GPU would probably get around 90 fps in demanding games and i would fully use 144hz in games like league of legends etc. 

Hello.

Is there anyone who ever played games at 144hz and can confirm that its really good gaming experience? Should i go for IPS 1440p 60hz or TN 1080p 144hz for gaming?

Thank you very much for replying. :)

Just FYI there are some 1440p 144hz IPS monitors coming that include gysnc/freesync too!

that means you get a sharp colour accurate screen for movies, photo editing etc, and 144hz for gaming

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just FYI there are some 1440p 144hz IPS monitors coming that include gysnc/freesync too!

that means you get a sharp colour accurate screen for movies, photo editing etc, and 144hz for gaming

I wonder how much would this type off monitor cost, atleast $1K...

|| MOBO: ASUS - X99 A || CPU: INTEL I7-5820K 3.3 GHZ OC'D TO 4.5 GHZ 1.250 VOLTS ||

|| GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4GB || RAM: ADATA XPG Z1 4GB DDR4 2400 MHZ ||

|| PSU:  EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX750B 750WATT || OS: WINDOWS 8.1 64-BIT ||

I wonder how much would this type off monitor cost, atleast $1K...

well I assume ROG Swift money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii