what is better i7-4770K or i7 4790k

Both of them are the same price what should i get and why thanks! 

4790K, it has better TIM so you can overclock it harder :)

it also runs faster by default ;)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

4790K will be better as it OC better and better thermals under the die cover

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i7 4790K. Its the updated Haswell chip. You also get an additional 100Mhz

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

4790k. More up to date version of the 4770k.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

4790K, as many said, better TIM (better thermals), but it also has a couple extra capacitors into it, making it a bit more stable when you OC.

i7 4790K. Its the updated Haswell chip. You also get an additional 100Mhz

No, 500MHz!

i7 4790K @ 4.0GHz

i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz

;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

4790K.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Both of them are the same price what should i get and why thanks! 

The 4770k had a bad thermal interface (TIM) between the actual cores and the on-die heatsinc (metal outer shell of the processor), which resulted in higher temps. The 4790k fixes that problem, so I'd go for it.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

No, 500MHz!

i7 4790K @ 4.0GHz

i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz

;)

Sorry, I'm thinking of the i5 4670K to the 4690K.  :)

Sorry, I'm thinking of the i5 4670K to the 4690K. :)

I'll let you off with a warning! :P JK

I'll let you off with a warning! :P JK

Your profile picture has scared me straight!  :o

Your profile picture has scared me straight!  :o

Gooooooood! You can thank @Raining_Pixel for that. :D

In computers and such, generally, the more and/or the higher the number(s), the better.

Example: CPU A @ 3.5 GHZ > CPU B @ 1.0 GHz [considering everything else is equal, such as architecture, IPC, etc.]

So, in this case as many others have already said, 4790k is better than 4770K

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

In computers and such, generally, the more and/or the higher the number(s), the better.

To be fair the exception here is with Intel's CPUs, and that's because the i7 Extreme naming scheme is a generation ahead of their actual performance so it's a valid question.

To be fair the exception here is with Intel's CPUs, and that's because the i7 Extreme naming scheme is a generation ahead of their actual performance so it's a valid question.

Huh? Can't one also make an educated guess that the i7 Extreme CPUs are faster (or at least "more advanced") than the regular i7's just by looking at the numbers?

Example: i7 5820k has a larger number than i7 4790k, so one can make an educated guess that the 5820 is higher specced than the 4790k, no?

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

Huh? Can't one also make an educated guess that the i7 Extreme CPUs are faster (or at least "more advanced") than the regular i7's just by looking at the numbers?

Example: i7 5820k has a larger number than i7 4790k, so one can make an educated guess that the 5820 is higher specced than the 4790k, no?

But layman wouldn't be comparing the 5820k to the 4790k, they would be comparing the 4820k with it since it has the higher number and, unless you know better, looks like a Haswell CPU name. That's what I'm saying.

The 4790K. They OC about the same but the 4790k has a few more bells and whistles to improve clock for clock performance. I hear 4.7-4.8ghz is what the 4790k is good for.

If I said I was on a budget, and where I am the 4770k is cheaper. Do I go for the 4770k or 4790k? Also I don't plan on overclocking.

If I said I was on a budget, and where I am the 4770k is cheaper. Do I go for the 4770k or 4790k? Also I don't plan on overclocking.

You get a 4790K in that case. Base clock of 4ghz.