New Headphones and PC Speakers...

uribin117

I´m gonna build a medium/high PC with triple monitors and stuff like that, but I don´t want to let the audio side without attention

I´m not an audio expert.... right now I have a Razer Tiamat 2.2 ( was a gift) but to be honest, those are a piece of crap... and Jaybird Bluebuds X that I use when I´m outdoors

My music collection goes from 

• Rock
  • Alternative Rock
  • Pop Punk
  • EDM
  • Dubstep
  • Glitch Hop
  • Alternative Metal
  • Nu Metal
  • Hard Rock
  • Instrumental ( Some games OST, my personal favorite is Mass Effect 3)

The headphones will be used only to hear music from the PC or on long trips, the speakers on the other side will be used for music and movies/games mainly FPS... I don´rt have any special requirement for those 2.0, 2.1, 5.1 doesn´t matter only need some high quality speakers

My budget goes somenthing like this 

• Speakers          $ 200-270ish
  • Headphones     $120-170ish 

BTW All my music is mp3 320 kbps or in a high quality format such as FLAC also I dont want how my actual speakers sound so i was thinkin on buying a DAC like a Fiio E10k Olympus 2

Please feel free to point any errors or suggestions about this post

Thanks!

My PC rig:Phenom 1055T ,ASUS M5A97 R2.0, ASUS GTX 680 Direct CU II OC 2GB, CoolerMaster HAF912 , Corsair CX600M, 2X VERTEX 3 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, 6 GB RAM

Next Biuld: FX-8350, ASUS M5A97 R2.0, GTX 780Ti, NZXT H440 Black and Red, CoolerMaster V850, 2X VERTEX 3 120gb SSD, 2X 1TB HDD, 8GB Kingston Hyper X Fury 1600MHz

If you like bass, the Monster NCredible NPulse over ears are pretty good

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Hate to be the guy who's super obvious, but consider the Audio Technica ATH M50x's. They're the best investment I've ever made. If you want more bass, go with V-Moda Crossfades or the Beyerdynamic Custom Pros. I'd still go with the M50x's though. Nothing beats that rather flat signature.  

I've used those before and found them to be worse than Beats in terms of sound and build quality. They look, feel, and sound like a pair of dollar store headphones. Just my opinion though. 

Hate to be the guy who's super obvious, but consider the Audio Technica ATH M50x's. They're the best investment I've ever made. If you want more bass, go with V-Moda Crossfades or the Beyerdynamic Custom Pros. I'd still go with the M50x's though. Nothing beats that rather flat signature.  

The M50x were my first tought but wanted to ask first

My PC rig:Phenom 1055T ,ASUS M5A97 R2.0, ASUS GTX 680 Direct CU II OC 2GB, CoolerMaster HAF912 , Corsair CX600M, 2X VERTEX 3 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, 6 GB RAM

Next Biuld: FX-8350, ASUS M5A97 R2.0, GTX 780Ti, NZXT H440 Black and Red, CoolerMaster V850, 2X VERTEX 3 120gb SSD, 2X 1TB HDD, 8GB Kingston Hyper X Fury 1600MHz

Or the M40x which are the same as the M50x for what the M50x should cost. That said, I'd probably go for something like the AKG K612 Pro if you're getting an amp anyway. There really isn't any point in the M40x if you don't need something primarily for portable use.

The M50x were my first tought but wanted to ask first

10/10 would buy again. Don't buy the white ones if you plan on going down that route though...they get dirty very easily.