i need a new subwoffer

Guest acdcman200

I need to purchase a subwoffer for my speaker system. I WANT something that can really shake the room. This is for my mancave/ gaming setup. the room dimentions are 12 by 13 feet if that helps anyone. I have a budget of 350 dollars for it. I play alot of deep deep dubstep and i want to improve my audio setup as my current sub just isnt cutting it anymore. If you guys can link me to one id be greatfull. It dosent really matter what connections it uses as long as its something like speaker wire, rca, 3.5mm. or XLR. I can pick up adapters. The way im setting it up is its coming off of my usb amp and dack.

So you need an active sub?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

JBL ES150, solid and loud. 

+1 to you, thats quite a nice sub, when i say quite i mean very good.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Just to warn you, listening that type of music with loud sub is tiring. I listened same type of music before but when I built my new sound setup i started hating it.

Just to warn you, listening that type of music with loud sub is tiring. I listened same type of music before but when I built my new sound setup i started hating it.

Can't tell someone what they will and won't like, so the best you can do is suggest parts that work for everything and cross your fingers. 

Can't tell someone what they will and won't like, so the best you can do is suggest parts that work for everything and cross your fingers. 

I said how it affected me. I never said it will affect him same way.

*Subwoofer

Subwoffer sounds like a German name for a walrus.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

I said how it affected me. I never said it will affect him same way.

Your wording suggests otherwise, for instance

Just to warn you, listening that type of music with loud sub is (Change is to "can be") tiring. I listened same type of music before but when I built my new sound setup i started hating it.

This will remove the subjectification from the statement and make or more objective.  

Your wording suggests otherwise, for instance

This will remove the subjectification from the statement and make or more objective.  

Why do you do this? What do you want to achieve?

Why do you do this? What do you want to achieve?

Wasting time till I kill over. 

Please don't be that guy and remember that you have neighbors, parents etc (if this is the case anyways). Having lived in an apartment beneath a guy that played loud, rumbling hardstyle non stop (and refused to stop after several nice and calm remarks) for more than 6 months I can tell you this can really drive a person mad. If you are however good on that front, what exactly are you looking for? Dubstep can be a lot of things these days so an example would be nice. Do you only listen to dubstep or do you also listen to rock etc?

i also listen to other music as well such as rock, or country every once in a while. I also want it for gaming and such. 

I just got done doing some research on it. It has some awful reviews of the circuit board in it ding after 1 year. I need something that can last a while.

The one out front is near five years old, haven't had an issue with it. But you can find something to prove anything on the internet, so w/e. 

i also listen to other music as well such as rock, or country every once in a while. I also want it for gaming and such. 

I just got done doing some research on it. It has some awful reviews of the circuit board in it ding after 1 year. I need something that can last a while.

If you really want to shake your walls a big ported sub like the JBL would do just that. It will probably be good for dubstep (again depending on the type) but it honestly wont be very good for anything else. For rock, country and what ever else you are much better off with a smaller, closed sub delivering a tighter low end. This will sound great with your dubstep as well (it's a much more forgiving genre when it comes to setup), however it probably wont blow your doors off the hinges. I'm starting to confuse myself here so I will sum it up as this:

Large, ported: For destroying everything around you with mountains of bass.

Smaller, closed: For a more balanced listening experience and more versatile setup. As an added bonus you get to keep your eardrums.