Best music playing program?

hello everybody
I was just wondering if any one of you know of a program that lets me play of music, make playlist and so on, that isn't Winamp, VLC or Itunes? 
Now, if you don't quite undestand what i am looking for, please dont hesitate to ask

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

Clementine may interest you. Open source.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Clementine may interest you. Open source.

Tried it for a while now thank you so much :D 

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

I personally use iTunes because it's very handy for managing song information. Maybe it's just me. :S

Ah it's simple.

Microsoft Zune Music player.

Crushes anything out there in my book. When Windows 8 was in development, everyone wanted the Windows desktop to be like Zune.

There was even many mock-ups concepts: http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/24/2822891/windows-desktop-ui-concept

Sadly could could have not been done without breaking software compatibility into peaces. So, we have what we have.

Anyway, get it here, its free, look gorgeous, fully GPU rendered goodness, and navigate through your songs with ease: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/music-and-video/zune/software/download

Screen shots:

zune1.png

zune2.png

zune3.png

zune4.png

zune5.png

Ah it's simple.

Microsoft Zune Music player.

Crushes anything out there in my book. When Windows 8 was in development, everyone wanted the Windows desktop to be like Zune.

There was even many mock-ups concepts: http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/24/2822891/windows-desktop-ui-concept

Sadly could could have not been done without breaking software compatibility into peaces. So, we have what we have.

Anyway, get it here, its free, look gorgeous, fully GPU rendered goodness, and navigate through your songs with ease: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/music-and-video/zune/software/download

Screen shots:

zune1.png

zune2.png

zune3.png

zune4.png

zune5.png

> :o this is awesome! im ditching VLC media player for this. Haha. This just looks so awesome!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I too really love the Zune software and it's the one I would use if it wasn't that fact that Windows media players (ie Zune and WMP) insist of adding hundreds of hidden 'thumb' pictures throughout your music folders, which I personally cannot stand, if they developed a way to put all those files in one of it's own folders (like a library folder) that would be fine but as it is now I don't want them adding files (especially hidden ones that can only be seen via something like 7zip) to my own personal folders.

Foobar2k (2000) and the KMPlayer are fab choices. Brilliant built in eq and "audiophille" grade tweaks. 

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

Hmm... you know you have an option in all Windows, (see Folder Options), to view hidden files. Also the album art is like about 6 to 8 KB. I don't see why it would be an annoyance.

hidden_aa.png

Anyway, it's done because the old Zune MP3 player was needed it. The MP3 embedded album art wasn't standardized at the time of the original Zune MP3 player, if I recall correctly.

Foobar2k (2000) and the KMPlayer are fab choices. Brilliant built in eq and "audiophille" grade tweaks.

audiophile don't really tweak sound, especially not at software level. :)

If anything, you definitely want to use the EQ on your dedicated sound card, and not software emulated.

And the dev team of KMPLayer, really should learn to use Flash... The UI animation is made in Flash for some reason, and is super choppy. I mean come on! Yes, I know Flash, I made software with it, and it doesn't have trouble rendering the content. Very poor coding. Anyway, they finally removed it on the latest version, what it looks like, except for the loading screen (really, you could not code that in C++/C# ?!), but the language is set by default to Korean. So good luck using it. That is why I don't like KMPLayer, every version is has weird issues.

audiophile don't really tweak sound, especially not at software level. :)

If anything, you definitely want to use the EQ on your dedicated sound card, and not software emulated.

And the dev team of KMPLayer, really should learn to use Flash... The UI animation is made in Flash for some reason, and is super choppy. I mean come on! Yes, I know Flash, I made software with it, and it doesn't have trouble rendering the content. Very poor coding. Anyway, they finally removed it on the latest version, what it looks like, except for the loading screen (really, you could not code that in C++/C# ?!), but the language is set by default to Korean. So good luck using it. That is why I don't like KMPLayer, every version is has weird issues.

Default language was set to korean? Nope for me. 

I'm a heavy music guy (Listener and a player) and I still use software to enhance my listening experience. What i meant by tweaks were things that boosted certain eq elements, and the option of different actual eq methods. I don't care for the programming, as it worked perfect for me on all of my computers. What i meant by audiophile was like, not just your generic "bass boost", that's what you could do within the program was really in depth and very feature rich for it being a free program. 

"Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it" | "Didn't you hear? Spartans never die."

-Gaming- FX 8150 @ 4.2GHz, HD 7870 Tahiti LE 2GB @ 1.1GHz, ASRock 990FX Extreme3, 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, WIndows 10, Custom Watercooled, NZXT Switch 810

-Audio Editing/Mixing- Mac Mini Late 2014, Core i7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2TB Fusion Drive, OSX 10.12 El Captain -Phone- HTC One M7 32GB

Musicbee is the best

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

Hmm... you know you have an option in all Windows, (see Folder Options), to view hidden files. Also the album art is like about 6 to 8 KB. I don't see why it would be an annoyance.

hidden_aa.png

Anyway, it's done because the old Zune MP3 player was needed it. The MP3 embedded album art wasn't standardized at the time of the original Zune MP3 player, if I recall correctly.

Yes -_- I do know that, but as you can see, in Windows 7 they do not show up when you show hidden files:

gallery_8207_219_25831.png

The problem for me is that they are there at all, how they will automatically copy over to every hard drive that I back up to, to my NAS and onto my phone and MP3 player, I admit that a 'very' large part may just be me, but I can look after my personal Files and Folders and the program can look after it's own, I'm sure Microsoft could have come up with a solution where it automatically adds the artwork in on transfer to a Zune player, like iTunes and other media players do.

The hole thing with hidden files and folder, is for YOU. The files are detected, unless it chooses (or has an option) to ignore hidden files.

If you open the command prompt, go to the folder of your music album, and do: dir command. You'll see the artwork file listed.

The hole thing with hidden files and folder, is for YOU.

I've never said otherwise, I just mentioned that despite Zune being gorgeous that is the reason why I don't use it or WMP.

Spotify is simply the best.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Winamp has never done wrong by me. It can handle every file type I can throw at it and the default bento layout is very stylish in my opinion.

Heal Harder!

Foobar2k. Used it for years now. Highly customizable, open source, lots of plugins. Good quality overall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Foobar2000, It is really easy to use.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Spotify, hahaha. Just for the free online music :P

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Spotify is not worth it.

XBox Music is free, and you have access to more songs than any other service (30+ million growing each week).

No restrictions beside ads, and Windows 8.

Or for 10$ per month, or 100$ per year (so 2 months free, every year), the ads are gone, and you can use the Zune desktop app, and you don't need Windows 8.

You also have unlimited downloads (playable on Microsoft devices (Windows OS, Windows RT tablet, Zune, Windows Phone)., Android app and iPhone app in the works apparently, but no info on that.

You have a hole system to discover new artists also. There is a 30day trial of the paid version (you don't have to have Windows 8, as its the paying version).