Looking for $250-300 iems. ie80s or other alternatives?

pllff

Hey all, 

I'm looking for a pair of iems around $250-300 and am considering the ie80s. I currently have a pair of um1s and they work fine but the bass is a little too lacking for me. I am wondering if the ie80s will have improved clarity compared to the um1s. I know they have a much more bass heavy sound signature but considering that they are about twice the price I am wondering if the mids and highs sound any better. I wouldn't call myself a basshead but I do prefer more bass than the um1s provide. The wider soundstage of the ie80s also seem appealing to me. I listen to just about anything that catches my eyes (or should I say ears) and do like my music being clear and detailed. I also use my iems to watch shows and play games and I think the ie80s would be good at that sort of thing.

Also, I currently use the triple flange tips that came with the um1s, do you think that there will be any comfort issues with the ie80s supposed shallow insertion? Isolation is also a concern of mine as my um1s block out almost all sound when music is playing which I do like a lot.

Would be nice to hear about any other alternatives that I may prefer or simply a reaffirmation that I will be getting quality for what I am paying. Thanks!

Ehhh that price range is kind of a hole. If you go a little bit higher you can get custom iems and if you drop down a bit there are a lot of good iems for the price. I like the Fostex TE05. 

Why IEMs for such thing, why no good pair of headphones or speakers.

I like the portability of iems rather than dealing with the hassle of carrying headphones around, and I'd rather not buy multiple pairs of audio equipment for different uses. I had a pair of ATH-SJ55 headphones and nothing bothered me more than taking them in and out of a bag, or even bringing a bag with me just to carry them in as I dislike wearing them around my neck.

For portable use I rather have a good IEM. I used to use Sony MDR 1R for on the go but after I got the Fostex TE-05 I never looked back. Sold those Sonys. IEMs can sound just as good and are easier to carry around. 

I've never tried it but RHA T10i seems to be having a bit of a good hype, you might want to check it out