linus' mac OS review.

Tocsin_786

watch the video down below..

i couldnt agree more, my brother owns a macbook because he wants to be a "hip" college student, and my uncle owns a imac because everyone in the photo design business is brainwashed and just think apple is awesome, and i was brainwashed by my school from 1-5 grade since apple provided the computers for my school.

so i am very familiar w/ mac os. and i must say that it is very very bad, using a third party mouse can feel like a hassle as the os is based off of "touch screen" like controls, closing programs is stupid by going to file>exit instead of that red button actually closing the app instead of minimizing, it basically has 2 minimize buttons. finder is abysmal (PERIOD)

i can never ever find a file my uncle would need urgently from his mac when he is at his work. its stupidly hard to "rename" a folder and all the usual copy and paste stuff. there isnt a wide range of software compared to windows. the keyboard shortcuts are not as intuitive, and mac users and brainless people all say mac is better while its really really not. my uncle regrets buying a $1500 mac w/ a core i3 and 4 gigs of ram and stuff. i told him i can make him a very small $400 pc (since he wants a basic all in one) that will be similar if not faster, 

oh and installing fonts is as easy as it is on mac, and the "up directory" exists.

i wanna see what linux can do once it becomes more and more prevelent as time passes, my fixer upper laptop will probably have linux on it (please let me know what linux os i should install) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TReJmvn5nKY

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I personally feel quite a few of his software complaints wouldn't of occurred if he had spent a bit more time learning the ins and outs. I've been a Mac user for about 6 years before switching to a Surface Pro 3 and honestly I preferred my MAC experience way more than my Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 10 TP experiences.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Untitled.png

linus should do a i switched to linux thing would be so fun 

quick hack the mac through iCloud.. HACK ITTTTTT> 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

linus should do a i switched to linux thing would be so fun 

Actually it would be remarkably similar. Linux is more flexible at some things but more cryptic on others and for an average non-user like Linus the experience would be about the same on a big distro like Ubuntu or Mint.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I personally feel quite a few of his software complaints wouldn't of occurred if he had spent a bit more time learning the ins and outs. I've been a Mac user for about 6 years before switching to a Surface Pro 3 and honestly I preferred my MAC experience way more than my Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 10 TP experiences.

The same thing can be said about Windows. It's all about learning how the system works.

Both Mac OS X and Windows have pros and cons.

Windows has has always had horrible scaling problems, and the lack of a prober start menu in Windows 8 is inexcusable.

In Mac OS, Finder has always been horrible compared to the Windows and Linux equivalent. And why you can't format a drive through Finder is beyond me.

You shouldn't have to open Disk Utility, it should just be a right click away in Finder.

Personally, I would change to Linux in a heartbeat, but it doens't support most of the programs that I need. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Linux is awesome <3

My craptop has around 80-90% CPU usage in idle in Windows 7.

When I switched to Xubuntu, that number dropped to 5-8%.

Awesome.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Can't wait for these 2 reviews! Definitely going to sub for this @LinusTech

ozXKfDh.png

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

makes me rethink ever wanting to move to a IOS device.

Can't wait for these 2 reviews! Definitely going to sub for this @LinusTech

ozXKfDh.png

LOL 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit