Could having too little power cause damage?

I was going into my wires and found out my computer wasn't fully plugged into its socket, can this harm the comkputer at all or would the computer simply not start?

I was going into my wires and found out my computer wasn't fully plugged into its socket, can this harm the comkputer at all or would the computer simply not start?

Was this the wire from the wall to your PC or an internal connection?

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

The only way I can see this being an issue is if there are any parts near the plug or if anything gets in the gap then it could possibly cause a short

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Was this the wire from the wall to your PC or an internal connection?

Wall to PC.

The only way I can see this being an issue is if there are any parts near the plug or if anything gets in the gap then it could possibly cause a short

It was from the walll to the pc.

Wall to PC.

If your pc wasn't turning off randomly or the connector wasn't sparking at the wall your PC should be fine.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

If your pc wasn't turning off randomly or the connector wasn't sparking at the wall your PC should be fine.

Wouldn't my pc turn of if there were any problems?

Most of the plug was in only about 2 - 3 mm wasn't in.

Wouldn't my pc turn of if there were any problems?

It would if it couldn't draw enough current from the wall of if the connection to the socket was lost.

2-3 mm would only cause issues if it shorted (This should trip the breaker though).

It would if it couldn't draw enough current from the wall of if the connection to the socket was lost.

2-3 mm would only cause issues if it shorted (This should trip the breaker though).

So no problems?

So no problems?

No you shouldn't have any.