Asus Surge Protection...

Deletive

"Power Supply Surges detected during the previous power on.
ASUS Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit!"

My computer (running a 4.2ghz pentium and 750ti) keep shutting down every like 10 minutes when web browsing and folding. It started last night when I stepped away for a few minutes. I don't have any idea what it is from.

My PSU is a cx500m which has been working completely fine up until asus surge protection has said otherwise.

Should I keep it Disabled? (I disabled it so I could write this) or what else do you think I should do?

Edit: I disabled it and my nvidia kernel keeps crashing every 5-10 minutes, any ideas? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

"Power Supply Surges detected during the previous power on.

ASUS Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit!"

My computer (running a 4.2ghz pentium and 750ti) keep shutting down every like 10 minutes when web browsing and folding. It started last night when I stepped away for a few minutes. I don't have any idea what it is from.

My PSU is a cx500m which has been working completely fine up until asus surge protection has said otherwise.

Should I keep it Disabled? (I disabled it so I could write this) or what else do you think I should do?

It does this when you inproperly shutdown the pc or if it shutdowns on it's own.

This could be three things:

Your power situation in your house is not fine, there is an electric variation from the wall plugs, making the PC freak out.

The PSU is failing.

Asus Surge protection got activated for a valid reason (like power going on and off in a very short period of time) and it's still blocking the system functionality by mistake, thinking the system could still be in danger, resetting bios settings disabling and enabling the surge protection back again should fix that false warning. Also having the latest firmware on the motherboard is always important.

The latest one is what happened to me and was fixxed easily.

It does this when you inproperly shutdown the pc or if it shutdowns on it's own.

Well its been inproperly shutting itself down due to this issue.

This could be three things:

Your power situation in your house is not fine, there is an electric variation from the wall plugs, making the PC freak out.

The PSU is failing.

Asus Surge protection got activated for a valid reason (like power going on and off in a very short period of time) and it's still blocking the system functionality by mistake, thinking the system could still be in danger, resetting bios settings disabling and enabling the surge protection back again should fix that false warning. Also having the latest firmware on the motherboard is always important.

The latest one is what happened to me and was fixxed easily.

I have a few sockets that have failed before, I don't believe it is the PSU because it is put under maybe 140watts max out of the "full" 500w

I try to update the bio and it can't find the file on the website, really annoying.

I don't think it's my buildings power going on and off because everything else is completely fine including the monitors which still have power when the PC goes off.

I have a r9 285 waiting for me in the post office right now and I want to figure it out before I install it D:

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It shouldn't cause other issues it's just a safety feauture but it looks like your OC is instable so fix that first.

also, verify any of your peripherals are not causing this issue (bent internal pins

or defective connection) like USB mice/keyboards cause this too.

It shouldn't cause other issues it's just a safety feauture but it looks like your OC is instable so fix that first.

It's the most stable overclock i've had... originally had it at 4.4ghz at 1.3 volts which after the first 2 I turned it down, back to my 24/7 overclock I've been using for months without a single crash.

also, verify any of your peripherals are not causing this issue (bent internal pins

or defective connection) like USB mice/keyboards cause this too.

I'll try unplugging stuff and see what happens.

Computing enthusiast. 

I have a few sockets that have failed before, I don't believe it is the PSU because it is put under maybe 140watts max out of the "full" 500w

I try to update the bio and it can't find the file on the website, really annoying.

I don't think it's my buildings power going on and off because everything else is completely fine including the monitors which still have power when the PC goes off.

I have a r9 285 waiting for me in the post office right now and I want to figure it out before I install it D:

The load on your PSU makes little difference if the PSU itself has crapped out.

Odds are your PSU is dying. Do you have another PSU to swap in to test the PC with?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The load on your PSU makes little difference if the PSU itself has crapped out.

Odds are your PSU is dying. Do you have another PSU to swap in to test the PC with?

Nope =/ should I order one to see if it fixes the problem?

I'm actually starting to think it might be my HDD which has been acting up and stalling even 6.2megabyte transfer speeds when I keep trying to install arma 3

Computing enthusiast. 

Nope =/ should I order one to see if it fixes the problem?

I'm actually starting to think it might be my HDD which has been acting up and stalling even 6.2megabyte transfer speeds when I keep trying to install arma 3

If you think the HDD could be at fault, then I'd recommend running the official diagnostics tool for your brand.

Seagate Seatools or WD Lifeguard. Run the comprehensive/long/complete/extended test (Wording of the test may vary per software and version).

If you get any errors or it fails, then you need to replace the HDD. If it passes, then your HDD is likely not the culprit. Do you have any friends that could lend you their PSU for a few hours? All you really need to do is power on the system for more than 20 minutes without the ASUS Surge Protection kicking in and that will be pretty evident if the old PSU was bad or good.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)