Help a brother out !

Sup guys , I wanted to ask your opinions on this build, and what PSU you'd pick for it, also if you think that I should keep the 2133 Mhz RAM or switch them for some lower ones,and if you could show me a good HDD and a decent SSD(a little bit over 200 GB preferently,can be less ).

Here is the parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/nubanaga/saved/b2QhP6

-snip-

May I ask as to what you will be using this PC for as well as your approximate budget?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Wrong section of the forum

As for the build:

• Ram: Is 2133 around or about the same price as lower speed ram? Then don't change it. In my case I picked up 2133 because it was as expensive as 1600.
  • Psu: Go 600W without SLI, or 800W for SLI. Good brands are Corsair,EVGA, Seasonic etc.
  • HDD: Western Digital /Seagate .You can never go wrong with them.
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb. Great SSD, + good value now that the 850's are out.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

@HeathCliff around 1500
@MrKickkiller Yeah I was affraid of that, wasn't sure where to post it,sorry about that, still new at the forum , and thanks for the help, I'll take it in consideration

@HeathCliff around 1500

@MrKickkiller Yeah I was affraid of that, wasn't sure where to post it,sorry about that, still new at the forum , and thanks for the help, I'll take it in consideration

what will you be using the computer for exactly??

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Then an i5 and 980 are perfect for a $1500 build 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

@SeanAngelo

EDIT:

@HeathCliff sorry forgot to answer what was the main purpose of the PC ,here's the answer

Mostly gaming

what resolution is your monitor? any future upgrades?

there you go:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($146.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($142.27 @ TigerDirect) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4GB Twin Frozr Video Card  ($554.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1372.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-02 11:12 EST-0500

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

@asim1999 and @SeanAngelo

I chose the i7 cause I wanted to make it a little bit "future proof",and I'm planning on playing on a 1440p monitor,any upgrade that I can think of right now might be another GPU when it becomes necessary and maybe more RAM but I don't think I'll need more RAM anytime soon

@asim1999 and @SeanAngelo

I chose the i7 cause I wanted to make it a little bit "future proof",and I'm planning on playing on a 1440p monitor,any upgrade that I can think of right now might be another GPU when it becomes necessary and maybe more RAM but I don't think I'll need more RAM anytime soon

Get a 1150 Xeon then, same price as i5 but with i7 performance. 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

any opinions on the RM850 or ax860 from corsair instead of the evga PSU mentioned above?

--edit-- 

have done some searching and the supernova has generally better reviews online and is also slightly cheaper which is a bonus. looks like that is what i will be going with. 

this comment can be ignored if needed. 

any opinions on the RM850 or ax860 from corsair instead of the evga PSU mentioned above?

--edit-- 

have done some searching and the supernova has generally better reviews online and is also slightly cheaper which is a bonus. looks like that is what i will be going with. 

this comment can be ignored if needed. 

I u are getting the RM, the 450,650 and 1000 are the best out of the range

I u are getting the RM, the 450,650 and 1000 are the best out of the range

hmm what's the deal with the 850? 

and at the moment i have my eye on the supernova 850. 850 will give me room to upgrade down the line to sli 970's comfortably from what ive seen. pretty common setup that i have planned.

hmm what's the deal with the 850? 

and at the moment i have my eye on the supernova 850. 850 will give me room to upgrade down the line to sli 970's comfortably from what ive seen. pretty common setup that i have planned.

EVGA G2 Is one of the superb power supplies almost nothing beats it. It has becoming a habbit by me and others too, to just keep recommending because it has a super good score on jonnyguru and has such a aggresive price that others can't beat it with that. 850W could possibly even run 3-way SLI for the 970's but that could be cutting it close with the Strix having a TDP of 225W.

EVGA G2 Is one of the superb power supplies almost nothing beats it. It has becoming a habbit by me and others too, to just keep recommending because it has a super good score on jonnyguru and has such a aggresive price that others can't beat it with that. 850W could possibly even run 3-way SLI for the 970's but that could be cutting it close with the Strix having a TDP of 225W.

yeah im seeing great results on the G2 and its cheaper so i will go with that. save some money and put that towards a better or larger ssd or something else in the build.

im still tossing it up between the strix and the g1 gaming 970s. the strix will match the build better being an asus mobo black and red, but i see the g1 scoring just slightly better (usually 1-2 fps so margin of errror territory?) though those fans on the strix not powering up when not under load is awesome for the silent build im after and the g1 has that blue LED on the side..if i could change it to white or just turn it off that would be better. price difference here in AUS is $10 cheaper for the G1 gaming though. so its a close choice. but i wouldnt go three way SLI. the gains at 3 cards isnt really worth the cost of a 3rd card. though two down the line would be perfect as games become more demanding. and im looking to game at 1080p and 1440p. not interested in 4k, so 970s seem like a perfect fit. 

thoughts?

yeah im seeing great results on the G2 and its cheaper so i will go with that. save some money and put that towards a better or larger ssd or something else in the build.

im still tossing it up between the strix and the g1 gaming 970s. the strix will match the build better being an asus mobo black and red, but i see the g1 scoring just slightly better (usually 1-2 fps so margin of errror territory?) though those fans on the strix not powering up when not under load is awesome for the silent build im after and the g1 has that blue LED on the side..if i could change it to white or just turn it off that would be better. price difference here in AUS is $10 cheaper for the G1 gaming though. so its a close choice. but i wouldnt go three way SLI. the gains at 3 cards isnt really worth the cost of a 3rd card. though two down the line would be perfect as games become more demanding. and im looking to game at 1080p and 1440p. not interested in 4k, so 970s seem like a perfect fit. 

thoughts?

Pff wow that is really a big deal you have there. I have a GTX760 so being able to buy a 970 would already make me happy xD. Uhm well back to your point. If it is only 1-2 FPS is indeed in the margin of error territory and should be seen as where they are the same cards also maybe not look at FPS but Firestrike like in this review: http://www.overclock.net/t/1516121/gtx-970-comparison-strix-vs-msi-gaming-vs-gigabyte-g1.

Here you see the difference really is marginal and that it is also caused because the ASUS and MSI card are getting mildly throtled.

So then I would look at stuff like the fanless mode on the Strix which would be a big point for me as I have a SSD with my main applications and OS which is running near silent and a HDD for games which shuts off if I am only browsing the web, then I also have my case fans on a fan controller which is making it more silent and therefore having a GPU that makes no noise either when under a low load would give me a very queit build. Meaning you can ask yourself is it worth the 10 AUS dollars more for a fanless mode when browsing the web?

oh god I can't afford 3 of them at all. I can only afford this pc because I'll be selling the brand new laptop HP will be sending me as a replacement for my current one. so instead of keeping a "powerful" laptop I will sell it for as much as I can get and build a truly powerful pc for less than the cost of that laptop :) smart consumerism ;)

honestly the 9xx series nvidia gpu's are all so close in performance it makes the choice that much harder for all the small reasons. the fan less mode would be killer but I hear the g1 OC's better ever so slightly but that could just be the luck of the draw. also seeing as I've saved $40 on the psu the 10bucks for a strix won't break the bank. though I am still waiting on the laptop then waiting for it to sell before I can do anything. maybe by then prices might drop a few dollars or knowing my luck go up. but time will tell.

so far my build is looking like this,

define r5 black no side panel window

asus maximus hero vii

4790k.

16g gskill ripjaws Z 1600 or 2133mhz. prices are basically the same

gpu 970- still unsure lol

psu supernova g2 850w

looking at sad for boot drive prices here suck tho

noctua fans for the case instead of stock ones. so 2 in front one rear as exhaust

and wondering whether or not I want to shell out the money for a CLC like a h105 or similar or go with a noctua d14/15. just Aussie summers are killer and water cooling seems smart though they will be just as silent as each other technically u less the pumps are mega loud because I'll use noctua fans either way. they're ugly bastards but they do the job and damn quiet too haha

also apologies I ended up jacking the thread.........damn it. lol

snip 

I thought you where the OP next time make your own topic.

Do you need the hyperthreads on the i7 and you can also look at Xeon processors to save a bit but still have HT

The mobo you chose is also really expensive for what it does.

I'm actually the OP, was busy this weekend that's why the long reply,but no worries..
I don't think I will buy another GPU anytime soon, so I'll just stick with one 980 for quite some time,so is the a 850W PSU good or is it overkill?

I'm actually the OP, was busy this weekend that's why the long reply,but no worries..

I don't think I will buy another GPU anytime soon, so I'll just stick with one 980 for quite some time,so is the a 850W PSU good or is it overkill?

Overkill if you aren't gonna SLI look at a 500W one otherwise pick up a 750W PSU. Estimated wattage of your major components is said to be around 340 W give or take 30W more for the rest as Drives and fans aren't that power consuming. So yeah 500W for no SLI and 750W for 2-way possibly 3-way SLI.