How to reduce SSD boot times

litterboxgolfer

Is there a link/guide that everyone except for me knows about?

CPU: i7-4790k @4.8gHz  MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX RAM: 8GB g.skill 2400mHz CL9 STORAGE: 240GB Intel 730 and 1TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX760 COOLER: Corsair H110 CASE: Corsair 750D

Remove bloatware and modify the programs that open when the operating system begins, and finally 

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

What speeds are you getting? System specs?

Ill put them in my sig now, but they are in my profile

CPU: i7-4790k @4.8gHz  MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX RAM: 8GB g.skill 2400mHz CL9 STORAGE: 240GB Intel 730 and 1TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX760 COOLER: Corsair H110 CASE: Corsair 750D

Enabling fast boot under uefi/bios, switching to ahci. That's assuming you installed the ssd on the machine yourself and it isn't OEM.

First time I installed an ssd, I followed this guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

Skip to the optimization part, but reading the whole thing is insightful.

- Alston

Is there a link/guide that everyone except for me knows about?

If this ssd is in a desktop you can reduce the time the Bios splash screen appears. The default can be changed in the bios (check for manual for more information on where to find the splash screen appearance timer.). For my desktop it was default 5 seconds of doing nothing. The bios let me turn it down to 1 second.

You can also set your computer to hibernate instead. Your shutdown times will be longer but boot times will be faster.

(for windows 8 use the task manager) using "msconfig" (found using run dialogue) -> startup programs -> then disable the ones you don't use.

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.