Windforce VS MSI R9 280 SHOWDOWN!

Hey yall, It would be that time to decide what GPU brand to go with and I need some advice. Firstly, which card would perform better from stock. Secondly, what would perform better overclocked and finally, which would run coolest stock and overclocked. Any answers appreciated

Windforce cooler is better, but not by a lot. At stock, the Windforce would run cooler. Overclocking will depend more on the chip than the cooler really, so it will vary from card to card. 

Either one is a good choice. 

EDIT: Personally, I would recommend either going with the one you prefer the look of, or just go for the cheaper of the two. 

EVGA 970 SSC (Super Super Clocked) take a look here.

very nice card and quiet. feature ACX 2.0, and a great factory overclock.

Hey yall, It would be that time to decide what GPU brand to go with and I need some advice. Firstly, which card would perform better from stock. Secondly, what would perform better overclocked and finally, which would run coolest stock and overclocked. Any answers appreciated

My opinion, I do not own the R9 280 version of these cards!

1) MSI has a higher stock clockspeed and has more turbo options with the MSI Afterburner software.

2) Both should overclock somewhat the same, they are the same R9 280 card after all.

3) Windforce has more fans and a bigger heatsync, so it should out-cool the MSI at the same fan RPM and clockspeed, comparatively. 

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

As much as I would like that it doesn't exactly fit in my 450 budget build but is definitely an upgrade path I am likely to follow

My opinion, I do not own the R9 280 version of these cards!

1) MSI has a higher stock clockspeed and has more turbo options with the MSI Afterburner software.

2) Both should overclock somewhat the same, they are the same R9 280 card after all.

3) Windforce has more fans and a bigger heatsync, so it should out-cool the MSI at the same fan RPM and clockspeed, comparatively. 

*HEAT SINK NOT HEATSYNC *side note: english is my third language and least used

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

You must be a die hard evga fan to advertise evga in a r9 280 thread

*HEAT SINK NOT HEATSYNC *side note: english is my third language and least used

Okay I typed in something wrong from my native language. Please get on your high horse and ride to victory town.

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

Okay I typed in something wrong from my native language. Please get on your high horse and ride to victory town.

:P

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Spend a extra 100 dolla and get the MSI R9 290X Lightning. *shrug* Its around $380 now..... *blink blink*

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

Firstly stuff is cheaper in the us and secondly money isnt that easy to come by

Windforce cooler is better than MSI's new Twin Frozr/Gaming cooler, but it has coil whine at high fan speeds

My opinion, I do not own the R9 280 version of these cards!

2) Both should overclock somewhat the same, they are the same R9 280 card after all.
3) Windforce has more fans and a bigger heatsync, so it should out-cool the MSI at the same fan RPM and clockspeed, comparatively. 

MSI Afterburner software works with any manufacturer's GPU. Also overclocking capability will vary based on the silicon lottery and any changes to the PCB that the manufacturers made (e.g. higher quality capacitors, more robust power delivery system, custom bios for higher voltage and the hardware to support it, etc.)

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Yeah but if i went into a shop and tried to pay in dollars I may get shrugged off