Motherboard manufacturers

Go to solution Solved by FruitBasketSilex,

okay, considering everything you said, all I really need to know is who are the "good manufacturers"?

Top guys are Asus/MSI, Evga, Gigabyte, asrock, ecm. In that order, from good to bad.

do they matter? does one manufacturer make higher quality motherboards than others? does one manufacturer make motherboards that fail easier than others? I hope you guys get the gist.

or is it that as long as I get the specs I'm looking for (to match the case, cpu, gpu [sli or crossfire]) the manufacturer won't really matter? I'm also asking because some are really cheaper than others, while still having more or less the right specs needed.

do they matter? does one manufacturer make higher quality motherboards than others? does one manufacturer make motherboards that fail easier than others? I hope you guys get the gist.

or is it that as long as I get the specs I'm looking for (to match the case, cpu, gpu [sli or crossfire]) the manufacturer won't really matter? I'm also asking because some are really cheaper than others, while still having more or less the right specs needed.

yes....

do different car companies make bettter cars then others?

also yes

usally price differnces are

features

build quality

It does and doesn't matter, most boards are built well. What's your budget for a motherboard? Just gotta find the tight features.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

depends on the model mostly.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Usually it doesn't really matter.

MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA and AsRock make all great motherboards.
Just pick one that doesn't cost to much, looks good and has all the features you need, but also don't just buy the cheapest you can find.

It does and doesn't matter, most boards are built well. What's your budget for a motherboard? Just gotta find the tight features.

hopefully just a little over $200, but I'd prefer the cheapest possible that won't fail.

hopefully just a little over $200, but I'd prefer the cheapest possible that won't fail.

I'd reccomend the gaming 7 from MSI (155$ right now I think) or the Z97-a from Asus (145$ish)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

depends on the model mostly.

what do you mean? I'm looking into Z97 motherboards if that's what you mean.

yes....

do different car companies make bettter cars then others?

also yes

usally price differnces are

features

build quality

so which manufacturers make the better build quality and reliability?

what do you mean? I'm looking into Z97 motherboards if that's what you mean.

just go to newegg and read the reviews on the specific model you want. z97x sli from gigabyte is great value board.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

MSI Asrock Evga Gigabyte, Asus .

Spoiler

I'd reccomend the gaming 7 from MSI (155$ right now I think) or the Z97-a from Asus (145$ish)

dang I'd get the gaming 7 if it's also the same price here (Philippines), around here it's at $275

although the Z97-A is the one that's still as cheap, and I've actually been considering

just go to newegg and read the reviews on the specific model you want. z97x sli from gigabyte is great value board.

Not a great source of info on boards. Just googling a review from anandtech or some other place for attractive boards is a much better idea.

Spoiler

depends on models xD

dang I'd get the gaming 7 if it's also the same price here (Philippines), around here it's at $275

although the Z97-A is the one that's still as cheap, and I've actually been considering

Ah, check the z97 A or the other gaming boards, the gaming 3/5.I'm in the us, so my prices are a bit different.

Spoiler

Not a great source of info on boards. Just googling a review from anandtech or some other place for attractive boards is a much better idea.

no, actually it's better to read reviews from people for reliability information, if one model sucks it will have bad reviews all over. the reviews from sites tell you nothing all boards are basically the same nowadays.

Spoiler

no, actually it's better to read reviews from people for reliability information, if one model sucks it will have bad reviews all over. the reviews from sites tell you nothing all boards are basically the same nowadays.

Pcpp will tell you the general range of reviews from new egg and amazon and others. And you've pretty much just said, that all the z97/h97 reviews done by Linus or anyone completely null and void because they're not general consensus.

Spoiler

yeah that's a good tip as well. sadly the Z97X-SLI isn't available here in the Philippines, although SLI compatibility is also something I'm looking for in a motherboard...

Pcpp will tell you the general range of reviews from new egg and amazon and others. And you've pretty much just said, that all the z97/h97 reviews done by Linus or anyone completely null and void because they're not general consensus.

dude. take z97. vrm is on processor, lan is intel, sata is intel. there is NOTHING to review....

Spoiler

Have you ever gone to newegg reviews? I've seen plenty " the Bord is borkeded, it won't p0wer on, did board sucks, 0/10, I know everyting about anyting because I are it prooooo." All over new egg.

Spoiler

dude. take z97. vrm is on processor, lan is intel, sata is intel. there is NOTHING to review....

Marvell data controllers, killer networking, bios, software, cables, DOES ANY OF THIS RING A BELL?

Spoiler

yeah that's a good tip as well. sadly the Z97X-SLI isn't available here in the Philippines, although SLI compatibility is also something I'm looking for in a motherboard...

See if PC part picker has a Philippines setting. That can show you boards and lowest prices in your country.

Spoiler

Have you ever gone to newegg reviews? I've seen plenty " the Bord is borkeded, it won't p0wer on, did board sucks, 0/10, I know everyting about anyting because I are it prooooo." All over new egg.

sure. i always read newegg reviews. you can notice a trend about some board having problems. one review does not make my opinion.

but like i said just reviewing mobos nowadays is pointless, they are all intel locked down stuff that is the same.

Marvell data controllers, killer networking, bios, software, cables, DOES ANY OF THIS RING A BELL?

additional, additional, additional, not required, not required.

Spoiler

Might as well throw on, capacitors, memok, digital readout, voltage checkpoints, wireless networking, plx chips and more.

Spoiler

Ah, check the z97 A or the other gaming boards, the gaming 3/5.I'm in the us, so my prices are a bit different.

yeah they are priced fairly cheap, but I'm still opening up my options to cheaper ones, just so that I can spend more on CPU/GPU or what ever else I might come up with.