Motherboard manufacturers

Go to solution Solved by FruitBasketSilex,

okay, considering everything you said, all I really need to know is who are the "good manufacturers"?

Top guys are Asus/MSI, Evga, Gigabyte, asrock, ecm. In that order, from good to bad.

okay, considering everything you said, all I really need to know is who are the "good manufacturers"?

Top guys are Asus/MSI, Evga, Gigabyte, asrock, ecm. In that order, from good to bad.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

why so?

Z97 series of Asrock mobos are known to die if you unplug a PC while it's running.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

actually you keep arguing and the further we go you agree with me more. audio can matter, but it's still onboard. what software, only audio software exists maybe asus fan thing, but that is only for asus. if you compare the same price category z97 boards they are the same cake with different frosting.

Just get out of here. You're the most misinformed person I've met yet.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Just build quality and price/feature. I prefer Asus and MSI the most.

okay thanks for that, even if I'd want the cheapest possible (with the appropriate features), I of course would not want a motherboard that has bad build quality that would fail on me...

okay thanks for that, even if I'd want the cheapest possible (with the appropriate features), I of course would not want a motherboard that has bad build quality that would fail on me...

On the cheapest end, there the PC Mate, from MSI, no sli, next up I'd reccomend is gigabytes z97x-sli, then Asus z97-A then gaming 7, Asus vii hero, gaming 9 ack. From inexpensive to expensive.

Everything above the PC mate supports 2-way sli. For four way there's the z97 Classified from gigabyte, not reccomended though, because sli scales poorly beyond 2-way.

Spoiler

Z97 series of Asrock mobos are known to die if you unplug a PC while it's running.

well I don't know if I'd do that, but of course I'd still want something that can be safer and not waste my money as much.

just wondering whats your take on the argument of the two guys up there?

On the cheapest end, there the PC Mate, from MSI, no sli, next up I'd reccomend is gigabytes z97x-sli, then Asus z97-A then gaming 7, Asus vii hero, gaming 9 ack. From inexpensive to expensive.

well that made the search even more easier. I guess it's Z97-A since there isn't any Z97-SLI's around here, since I need SLI

well that made the search even more easier. I guess it's Z97-A since there isn't any Z97-SLI's around here, since I need SLI

Is there anything else you need help with?

Spoiler

Everything above the PC mate supports 2-way sli. For four way there's the z97 Classified from gigabyte, not reccomended though, because sli scales poorly beyond 2-way.

what about the MSI Z97-G55? it's only $145 here compared to the Z97-A which is at $223, and the Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3, which is at $184

what about the MSI Z97-G55? it's only $145 here compared to the Z97-A which is at $223

Thats also a good board, for me its a bit more expensive than the z97-A, but its a good board, from a good manufacturer. I'd go with the z97-g55, its also quite a bit of savings.

Spoiler

well I don't know if I'd do that, but of course I'd still want something that can be safer and not waste my money as much.

just wondering whats your take on the argument of the two guys up there?

I'm not even going to bother reading it.

Just get something from MSI or Asus that has the features you want. EVGA and Gigabyte are also good, but the first two are the best.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Thats also a good board, for me its a bit more expensive than the z97-A, but its a good board, from a good manufacturer. I'd go with the z97-g55, its also quite a bit of savings.

thank you for that, I guess since I'm still gonna check out the features if they match my case etc. my decision might still sway hehe

another thank you for the effort you've put in, especially in fighting against that other guy who might have led me to the wrong decisions. I hope to encounter more people like you when I ask again in the forums!

I'm not even going to bother reading it.

Just get something from MSI or Asus that has the features you want. EVGA and Gigabyte are also good, but the first two are the best.

the gist of it was one guy was saying brand doesn't matter and the other says it does haha

thank you for that, I guess since I'm still gonna check out the features if they match my case etc. my decision might still sway hehe

another thank you for the effort you've put in, especially in fighting against that other guy who might have led me to the wrong decisions. I hope to encounter more people like you when I ask again in the forums!

No problem! I love to help out! Just find those features, and keep an eye on the price. What case are you going with, by the way?

Spoiler

the gist of it was one guy was saying brand doesn't matter and the other says it does haha

One guy was saying nothing matters, and I was saying otherwise. xD

Spoiler

Brand matters. Some have better quality controls, uefi bios features etc. The king of motherboards at the moment is ASUS.

No problem! I love to help out! Just find those features, and keep an eye on the price. What case are you going with, by the way?

Corsair Air 540

Corsair Air 540

I LOVE the look of that case. And the internals are nice too. Corsair makes GREAT cases.

Spoiler

I LOVE the look of that case. And the internals are nice too. Corsair makes GREAT cases.

haha thanks! people everywhere in the forums are recommending that, especially if you're looking for a cube case (since I think it's the only good one out there, so its title isn't really being challenged)

haha thanks! people everywhere in the forums are recommending that, especially if you're looking for a cube case (since I think it's the only good one out there, so its title isn't really being challenged)

There's so much case modding you could do too. Like the grill on the top/front can be taken off and plasti-dip them a different color, like red, and put some red led fans behind them. The possibilities are endless.

Spoiler

There's so much case modding you could do too. Like the grill on the top/front can be taken off and plasti-dip them a different color, like red, and put some red led fans behind them. The possibilities are endless.

thanks will keep that in mind! for now since it's my first build I'm not confident yet in doing much case mods hehe

thanks will keep that in mind! for now since it's my first build I'm not confident yet in doing much case mods hehe

The good thing about plasti-dip is you can just peel it off if you Dont like it. It comes right off if you want it to.

Spoiler

The good thing about plasti-dip is you can just peel it off if you Dont like it. It comes right off if you want it to.

wow never knew that! since I never really tried using it haha

hey I was just checking out some other forums and saw one feature about mtoherboards that I didn't get. they said like some more expensive motherboards have gaming grade audio network... what does that mean?

and one more feature I just thought of! does onboard audio matter if I'm gonna buy a DAC?

I have found that within a given chipset, performance tends to be negligible by manufacturer, and the main reason I went with asus (the z97 a) was for their great bios and ai suite. Other than that you could choose a mobo by color.